When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Will an eta movement fit in a Yukiwatch 1680?

gplracer

I have seen people ask but it has never really been answered. Is it possible to purchase a yukiwatch 1680 that is made for a rolex movement and put an eta with a spacer in it? I know the crown position is high but I thought it might be possible to get a thinner eta movement and make it work.

I have seen people ask but it has never really been answered. Is it possible to purchase a yukiwatch 1680 that is made for a rolex movement and put an eta with a spacer in it? I know the crown position is high but I thought it might be possible to get a thinner eta movement and make it work.

I have been ask this question to yuki.

She said it is possible to do something.

They will go to product the converter for ETA 2824-2 can fit for rolex 1570 movement case.

yes it is possible, and fairly easy. I have movement holders for ETA to fit in Rolex cases. They were machined for 3035 case, and require a slight modification to the top, as the 1570 has a smaller dial seat ring, and my holders were modelled after the 3035 which has a larger diameter dial seat ring. My holders accept either 2824-2, 2836-2, and slow beat 2846. I had an ETA 2846 in my Yuki case before I installed a 1570.

Also, I had one Yuki case that accepted my holder without modification. Guess it depends on what case they send you.

Well this is good news. Eventually I would like to start a 1680 project. I think a Yuki case, eta movement is a good starting point.

Hello everyone.

This is my first post, I hope to do a good question.

It would be possible to make a snowflake with Yuki 1680 case and 2824-2 or 2484 Eta movement.

Of course except caseback, this is another history.

myvintagetudorsnowflakeol5.jpg

MN74mov.jpg

@fakerai

Probably you would get better responses if you start a new topic with this question. That is and interesting question, and as stilty mentioned you can get spacer rings to fit the ETA movements to the case, I would guess all you would change is the dial to a Tudor Dial, and caseback.genuine Snowflake hands will fit ETA's, so only problem would be getting genuine.

Maybe a lot more to it than this, so it would be better to hear from one of the real Rolex experts on the forum.

Welcome

Arthur