When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hi everyone

mr mg

Hi everyone,

My name is matt, from Brisbane in Australia.

Thanks for having such a strong site available to those of us who love our watches! I wasn't sure about asking for advice being new to the forum, but then I read in another post a noob getting castigated for purchasing without consulting the members on here first -so here I go...

I've got a few reps, Tag -Tiger Woods special ed, Porsche Design, etc., but I'm ready to get serious about this and delve into the automatics. I have a couple of gen watches as well, e.g. a Longines classical square face and just love the feel of the gen's. My ultimate watch is the Beitling Nav. with blue or black face, and cannot justify the cost for a gen, so here I am, searching the web for my replica and came across RWG. I've read so many of your posts, especially reviews on the dealers and on the breit's and movements. I am considering (based on your posts) to go with Josh at perfect-hour for this:

http://www.perfect-hour.com/bl10031-navitimer-serie-speciale-black-dial-working-chronograph-p-1684.html

or this:

http://www.perfect-hour.com/bl10012-navitimer-blue-dial-stick-markers-working-chronograph-p-1705.html

But then I have seen a few other sites that ofer an Asian Auto (presumably the older version 7750) for as little as $108. So whilst I think I know what that means, I guess I'm wanting reasurrance that spending 3 times the amount is worth the extra money for the Valjoux and for the safety in going through a trusted dealer. I really don't want to go having too many dramas with servicing the movement myself or anything, so I would really like some honest advice about the Valjoux? I should add that I haven't yet contacted Josh to start a relationship -as I hope to be an ongoing client -love my watches!

Also considering buying a cheap, tag grand from this site (Overwatches):

http://www.overwatches.com/tag_heuer-tag_heuer_grand_carrera-watches.html

It reads as though it's an automatic, given the "smooth sweeping second hand", but I would have guessed a quartz for the $$$. Lack of photos is concerning (haven't contacted seller yet) but hey $80 might be worth the gamble??

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I plan to contact Josh in the next day or two -I just can't wait any longer. I've nearly purchased this style so many times, and probably saved a lot of problems by holding off and eventually coming accross your site here at RWG. I just don't think I can read anymore about this having put in so many hours to date. I needs me my Breit!!

Thanks again. Any advice welcome and appreciated!

matt

Edited by mr mg

Lani, that is a tuff watch mate!

There are too many great looking watches out there... Great pics too.

thanks for the reply -appreciated

mg

as you say .. there are tons.. :lol:

also .. many great members from your part of the planet !!!

take your time .. we got so many great Stuff here.. it takes time to sort out

but we're all here for ya :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

Welcome, Mr. Magoo!

Use the advanced search button in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Search for threads started by member "Lanikai" and you'll be treated to a plethora of astounding watch photos! I mean, the man has one of everything.

Psst... There's a rumor, which I have yet to confirm, that if you upgrade your membership to Platinum, you get a massage by the dancing girl in member Demsey's siggy.

I am 'Demsey' I was mentioned.

Welcome Mat. Get it? Don't usually welcome too many noobs in the introduction threads, prefer to bump into them in the hallways, but as you are an Aussie, after all, welcome! As 'lanikai' pointed out you are in large company here with fellow compatriots. Never met an Australian here yet that I didn't like. After six years on these boards and thousands of members, that's a hell of a statement. From me.

You seem to be well on your way Matt, Joshua is top notch and has been my dealer of choice pretty much exclusively since he started. Going on four years now I believe. That's staying power in 'replica'. I'm sure there are a lot of legitimate dealers on the 'net nowadays outside our recommended dealer (collector) list, but within price ranges 'all replica are same', so you really, as they say, need to 'pick your dealer, then your watch'. 'overwatch' may be legitimate, but why chance it? If there is some watch you fancy that one of our dealers does not list at his/her site, then inquire if they can source. Chances are they can.

Cheers and have fun!

ps Don't mind 'Doc', he's just on the appropriations committee. Don't let him bully you into donations or membership upgrades. 'Dancing girl' massage come grata, just have to use your illusion.

Welcome to RWG MG. :thumbsupsmileyanim: It's great to have you here, have fun :) Mike

Thanks Mike. You make a good point, this is about fun isn't it -that's probably the difference between people who just want to own and those who want to share the enjoyment on a forum like this. Thanks for the reply!

Welcome, Mr. Magoo!

Use the advanced search button in the upper right hand corner of your screen. Search for threads started by member "Lanikai" and you'll be treated to a plethora of astounding watch photos! I mean, the man has one of everything.

Psst... There's a rumor, which I have yet to confirm, that if you upgrade your membership to Platinum, you get a massage by the dancing girl in member Demsey's siggy.

Cheers Doc,

I'm pretty up-to-speed with forum life, so I've searched around quite a lot on the forum before posting. I think you gotta choose your forum community carefully -specially if you're gonna take advice. Lani's stuff is amazing. The site is lucky to have someone who seems passionate about photgoraphy as well as watches! I've tried to capture some watches (mainly when having to send them back to dealers :angry: ), but with no success; so I understand the skill required.

Thanks for dropping in Doc. I'll be sure to post when I get my watch. And I will keep Demsey's girl in mind when thinking about becoming a financial member.

I am 'Demsey' I was mentioned.

Welcome Mat. Get it? Don't usually welcome too many noobs in the introduction threads, prefer to bump into them in the hallways, but as you are an Aussie, after all, welcome! As 'lanikai' pointed out you are in large company here with fellow compatriots. Never met an Australian here yet that I didn't like. After six years on these boards and thousands of members, that's a hell of a statement. From me.

You seem to be well on your way Matt, Joshua is top notch and has been my dealer of choice pretty much exclusively since he started. Going on four years now I believe. That's staying power in 'replica'. I'm sure there are a lot of legitimate dealers on the 'net nowadays outside our recommended dealer (collector) list, but within price ranges 'all replica are same', so you really, as they say, need to 'pick your dealer, then your watch'. 'overwatch' may be legitimate, but why chance it? If there is some watch you fancy that one of our dealers does not list at his/her site, then inquire if they can source. Chances are they can.

Cheers and have fun!

ps Don't mind 'Doc', he's just on the appropriations committee. Don't let him bully you into donations or membership upgrades. 'Dancing girl' massage come grata, just have to use your illusion.

Hey Demsey, and yep, I get it :brow:

Dancing girl looks a lot like Katherine Heigl? Nice choice. I will make a donation to the forum for certain, as you guys have pointed me in the direction of (who I hope will be) a great dealer -and we all know they are priceless.

I do appreciate you taking the time to reply though Demsey. I know there are thousands of people who sign up, wanting for you all to tell them who to buy, what from etc. etc. Gets tired quickly I know (I on a car forum too). In saying that, taking the time that you guys have to say g'day makes all the difference to someone new on here and is what brings people back I think... Six years is impressive mate. Love to see the watches in your poolroom! I rekon I got my first rep about 8 years ago. I thought it was great at the time, but gee it was a piece of crap compared to what we can get now! I suppose Aussies are a pretty relaxed bunch, hey.

I really appreciate you confirming Joshua as a dealer of choice. I've been in touch with him and he responded within half an hour -so that's good enough for me. You're not wrong though, 4 years for a dealer is remarkable! Gives confidence. I asked for an opinon about the chrono configuration and he gave one, which is pretty rare from a dealer. So again, thanks! I will take your advice about the other sites. Like most people on here, I have ben burned. But I'm just so curious about some of the cheapies...

Haha, I don't mind people trying to keep the forum viable. I get how hard it is to get people involved, but thanks for mediating! I like the sound of "grata dancing girl"! And I've never come accross an appropriations committee. Sounds impressive!!

Thanks again for taking the time mate. I'm off to buy a watch!

matt