When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

300T Searamble bezel repaint

lanikai

I tried a red and orange marker .. although I thought it was the right shade... it was too opaque

so I went the Nanuq route with acrylic paint :thumbsupsmileyanim: .. now I think it may be too orange.. oh well.. it beats not having any colour in the bezel markings.. I used a permanent sharpie marker for the black and rubbed off the excess with my thumb and good ole fashion spit... :yuk: .... :lol:

here are the results.. mind you .. you cannot see any orange outside the numerals with the naked eye.. and I think I'll leave it imperfect the orange as well as the black... in spots.. to match the rest of the vintage look..

I took this with a 40 second or so exposure for lack of light

srbezel004.jpg

used a reading lamp on this shot..

srbezel006.jpg

gotta get this on a ss bracelet though.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

Oh wow, that's GREAT! You know, you can buy RED paint where they sell the Testor's competition colors... I used their comp orange lacquer on mine and a drop of red would darken it down just a smidgen. You could try that, but I think yours looks killer good as-is... it matches the orange hands just right.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

(PS: some people use crayons to fill the bezel numbers, but you didn't hear it from me)

Oh wow, that's GREAT! You know, you can buy RED paint where they sell the Testor's competition colors... I used their comp orange lacquer on mine and a drop of red would darken it down just a smidgen. You could try that, but I think yours looks killer good as-is... it matches the orange hands just right.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

(PS: some people use crayons to fill the bezel numbers, but you didn't hear it from me)

If you say it looks OK.. I'll go with your expert knowledge.. I have scarlet that I thought I may mix in.. but I rather return that bottle unopened.. :lol:

crayons yikes.. some hot weather sna the wa would melt right off... :p

my 600T graph is Halloween orange but my 300nt is more scarlet .. oh well .. I won't mess with it too much already..

thanks B

AC/R

Honestly guys .....

You are killing me. :black_eye: showing these beautiful Doxas.

Doxas are number 1 on my list to buy and simply .....I cannot. :(

Almost impossible to find them in Europe (even second hand ones).

No shops are selling them anywhere in EU (only an Austrian guy on ebay at ridiculously high EU prices).

Buying on-line from Doxa shop in US is also a "no go" by all means. These guys are applying a fix exchange rate ($/EU) of 1,25 rather than 1,47 (current market rate).

For example: I like the DOXA SUB 5000T Seaconqueror.

It costs new $ 1990,00 + 45,00 (Ship cost) = $2035

This, at current exch rate (1,47) is 1384 Euros. At 1,25 exch rate is 1628 Euros.

To these 1628 Euros you add 20% (aprox) custom duties. That makes us 325 additional Euros which brings the final EU price at 1953 Euros .... which at current exchange rates (1,47) is: $ 2871 ......... WHICH IS $ 836 MORE than if you buy it in US.

I love their watches ....and I hate their lousy pricing policy. :angry:

Ahhhh....... feeling better now. :D

PS: Most likely my post here has nothing to do with Lani's great Doxa pictures ..... but couldn't keep it inside. Had to tell somebody :pardon: