When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

smooth second hand on a rep rolex?

imernater

i am new on here and researching and doing lots of reading but just want to ask, as i'm a little lost on this point. The Rolex second hand, i have purchased a rep daytona, very nice, my friend has a rolex and side by side hardly any difference, i cant see any but am a novice apart from the second hand, Can you get rep rolexs where the second hands go round as smoothly as a original rolex. my rep is almost smooth but not like a real rolex. Also is "Swiss" 2836 ETA mean its smooth? im sure some can answer this question easily be interested to hear answers. theres a lot of talk about '6' and '9' movement ?

i am new on here and researching and doing lots of reading but just want to ask, as i'm a little lost on this point. The Rolex second hand, i have purchased a rep daytona, very nice, my friend has a rolex and side by side hardly any difference, i cant see any but am a novice apart from the second hand, Can you get rep rolexs where the second hands go round as smoothly as a original rolex. my rep is almost smooth but not like a real rolex. Also is "Swiss" 2836 ETA mean its smooth? im sure some can answer this question easily be interested to hear answers. theres a lot of talk about '6' and '9' movement ?

If the movement your watch has (I assume the second hand is at center) is running on 28,800 bph then it should have the same sweeping motion as a rolex watch.

Nevertheless, if it is the rep daytona you're talking about, there has been a problem (and still is) with the second had where it "jumps".

It's a known problem with the daytona rep sec @ 6.

Hope it helps.

HN

There is your answer!!!this is not a REAL ROLEX,never forget that :wounded1:

All rep daytonas with secs @ 6 have the "jumping" seconds hand issue (amongst others that is :rolleyes: )

you will not find any with a smooth sweeping motion.

Eta movements have the sweeping smooth motion identical to a Rolex movement since eta movement ticks 5 times/sec,rolex movements 8 times/sec,so there is on visble difference to the naked eye.But the Daytona rep uses the 7750 asian chrono heavily modified with 11 more gears in order to

resemble the movement of the 4130 of the gen and this bring up a lot of problems(jumping second hand is the least of them).A 7750 is a copy

of the ETA 7750 with a 6-9-12 tri-compax as opposed to the Rolex 4130 which has a 3-6-9 tri compax subdials.

I had to find that out the hard way myself as well before entering the RWG family,since i was also was looking for the same thing as you.

I would suggest you stay away from Daytona reps with running secs @ 6.

That's my 0.02$

John

P.S Welcome to RWG,stay tuned,do your research,ask your questions,gain knowledge,make friends and save yourself a lot of money :drinks:

There is your answer!!!this is not a REAL ROLEX,never forget that :wounded1:

All rep daytonas with secs @ 6 have the "jumping" seconds hand issue (amongst others that is :rolleyes: )

you will not find any with a smooth sweeping motion.

Eta movements have the sweeping smooth motion identical to a Rolex movement since eta movement ticks 5 times/sec,rolex movements 8 times/sec,so there is on visble difference to the naked eye.But the Daytona rep uses the 7750 asian chrono heavily modified with 11 more gears in order to

resemble the movement of the 4130 of the gen and this bring up a lot of problems(jumping second hand is the least of them).A 7750 is a copy

of the ETA 7750 with a 6-9-12 tri-compax as opposed to the Rolex 4130 which has a 3-6-9 tri compax subdials.

I had to find that out the hard way myself as well before entering the RWG family,since i was also was looking for the same thing as you.

I would suggest you stay away from Daytona reps with running secs @ 6.

That's my 0.02$

John

P.S Welcome to RWG,stay tuned,do your research,ask your questions,gain knowledge,make friends and save yourself a lot of money :drinks:

great answer and some excellent adviuce guys and information, thankyou for taking the time to comment. appreciatte it. Thanks

It all comes down to which watch movement is in there. You can buy both Swiss and Asian movements that are 28,800 beats .. just like a genuine Rolex.

Not all "expensive" watches have smooth seconds hands, btw!! Some Omega for example are 21.600 I believe. ... so anyone who tells you that you spot a "fake" by the sweep is just repeating bad info to you, and doesn't really know the game.

I've had Eta2836 adn Valjoux 7750's as well s Asian 7750's that are 28.8k.. the Eta's that are sold by the dealers come from surplus stock.. we don't know how old they are .. nor if they have been serviced properly.

I've gotten new reps that are 28.8k and seem a little jerky.. they are in need of "proper" servicing.. so I send them to Ziggy regardless if they are Eta or Asian 7750.. the end result is; they are as smooth as glass in their sweeping motion, even my gen Rolex after 4 to 5 years will be in need of servicing.. and by proper service, I am referring to the movement being disassembled cleaned in the ultra sonic, properly oiled and re-assembled... timed etc.

all the eta engines unless they come in the oxygen sealed packet and are are directly from the Eta factory .... there is no telling what the "history" is behind them or if they have ever been properly serviced..

that is just my thinking of the eta's.. and Asian clones in general

AC/Lani