When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WatchEden?

Bull

Buying first replica watch: is WatchEden a reliable dealer? I've been trying to find a simple listing of reliable web sites on the forum and so far, the links that are mentioned just take me to the entire forum in general.

I would appreciate comments from those who have dealt with this site/dealer.

Thanks

All dealers here have gone through a process and the newer dealers.. are given apprentice status.. this does not mean that they are not as good.. an apprentice such as Watch International.. goes above and beyone customer service.. in sending you an actual pic of the watch that will be sent out.. if there are any issues with the rep it will not be the one in the pic and yu will receive one that is in pristine condition..

there are other dealers that have been on this forum since day one..This forum is to protect you against scam sites.. which are growing daily..

All are "trusted".. but remember you are dealing with reps.. and there are some common issues.. but it would be wise to find a dealer that will assure you good after purchase service as far as defects.. a number of issues can arise when the watch is shipped out.. DOA.. is not totally uncommon..

there are members who offer services from watch repair to AR service..

Stick with RWG's two horologist.. Ziggy and Vac.

if you have a local watch smith that is "Rep friendly" that would be to your advantage also.. you can learn how to do easy fixes with all the info here and tools for sale here.. believe me I did not know how to remove a movement to swap a crystal or remove and re asemble hands before I cam to RWG.

don't let expectations override the cost of the rep.. there are some inexpensive reps that last a long time.. there are those that don't.. it's a numbers game at times... the quality and function of the movement ..ETA vs. Asian clone.. allthese factors play into the functioning of your piece.. accuracy should be researched.

if you are looking for perfect 1:1 ... no cigar.. every rep has some minor flaws.... there are super reps that are so close to the gen.. it's scary..

If you want to pass off your rep as a genuine.. you will have issues.. so take it for what it is.. a hobby.. a fun and rewarding one if approached with this mindset.

your not going to fool anyone with a 50k rep on a 40k salary.. :lol: .. but it's fun.. and you will meet many great peeps here.. who are very supportive of this hobby and you as a person..

So.. have fun .. holla if you need an assist.. and post pics of your rep when it's on your wrist.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/Lani

I had many excellent transactions with WatchEden when they traded on CQout as TonyXKF. I have not been in the financial position to order since the 're-branding' as WatchEden, but the emails I have traded with Sarah have been every bit as professional and friendly as the emails I traded with Tony, and I would still highly recommend them :)

I had many excellent transactions with WatchEden when they traded on CQout as TonyXKF. I have not been in the financial position to order since the 're-branding' as WatchEden, but the emails I have traded with Sarah have been every bit as professional and friendly as the emails I traded with Tony, and I would still highly recommend them :)

Ya sure TeeJay but what about my $20.00 discount. :lol:

Rolex2u.com looks like a sister site to watcheden but their prices are lower. I have done one transaction with them successfully and they return emails fast. I would rather deal with them compared to watcheden but all of the dealers here are trustworthy.

It's things like that which irk me a little with dealers (in general, not just in this instance) I mean, why advertise Product X for Y amount on Site A, but then advertise it for Z amount on Site B? :g::bangin: Not scamming exactly, but there's something about it which irks me :wounded1:

It looks like Watcheden has lowered the prices of some reps, and then you get the $20 off as well. For instance, the DateJust II someone reviewed here, the one with the black MOP dial, sapphire crystal, etc., can be bought now for $98. Shipped. Pretty good deal. Josh sells what appears to be the same watch for $118, which is also very good considering you get his excellent follow-up service for $20 (plus shipping).

idolreplicas.com is also one of Tony's sites and has the same inventory (and same product IDs) as far as I can tell and all are at least $20 less than WE. I've bought three watches from idolreplicas and so far all has been well but I think they have been put "on probation" on one of the other forums due to some CS and QC issues. I've personally only had good dealing as of a month ago anyway when I ordered the budget Coke GMT Master.