When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need a perfect dial for Pam 127

carlitosway

Just curious, though I can't help, why you want specifically a white dialed font for the 127?

Anyhow, from memory DSN has never had off-white colored fonts for any of his watches, so he'd be a good bet to contact for just the dial

+1

The genuine.. the font is not completely snow white

raph183.jpg

DSN's

the font is not completely white.. the biggest difference is the shape of the crystal

only if you know exactly what your looking for .. the distortion of the crystal is different on the rep

the rep crystal is a fraction of a mm lower(domed)

fiddy024.jpg

fiddy009.jpg

fiddy016.jpg

the variables.. are the age of the gen.. and lighting.. angle.. but DSN's is close.. if your lume is not as the genuine,

Ziggy can make it look OEM as he has done with so many 127's

AC/Lani

My PAM 127 has a gen crystal from DSN (i have paid 190$ for this crystal) the lighting is perfect like a gen and the dial is perfect lumed from Domi.

Only the "Panerai 1950" font color is wrong. Ok The font from gen is not completely snow white but it is not brown. See this example:

post-23006-126078232158_thumb.jpg

post-23006-126078232667_thumb.jpg

Edited by carlitosway

If you are looking for white it sounds like you are looking for an old Eddie Lee dial. They do come up. Of the rep dials ever offered I think they are the best. I do believe that DSN's original version actually had white lettering as well. Be forewarned though that it is not just the printed font that is wrong on the dial. The cut-out 6 and 9 are also shaped differently. In reality, 99% of folks won't ever notice this anyhow. Here are some pics.

Gen vs DSN:

IMGP1847.jpg

Gen vs. Dsn vs. Eddie Lee (in the watch)

IMGP1872.jpg

My PAM 127 has a gen crystal from DSN (i have paid 190$ for this crystal) the lighting is perfect like a gen and the dial is perfect lumed from Domi.

Only the "Panerai 1950" font color is wrong. Ok The font from gen is not completely snow white but it is not brown. See this example:

correct me if I'm wrong but the genuine is on the left and the rep on the right ????

No the Rep. is on the Left and gen on the right.See crownguard Pin and Font color

Carlito .. can you please forward me the link to that comparison??.. I used it awhile back and thought it was stated that the rep was on the right with the vintage strap.. thanks .. I cannot locate it now..

AC/L

Carlito .. can you please forward me the link to that comparison??.. I used it awhile back and thought it was stated that the rep was on the right with the vintage strap.. thanks .. I cannot locate it now..

AC/L

http://timetapestry.blogspot.com/2007/08/comparison-of-fake-and-real-panerai-127.html

The EL dial is my favorite as well. But the Davidsen is also better than you might think. In point of fact there were 3 different versions of the gen dial and the last one has more of a grey tint to the text. The gen dial in the pics is a first generation dial.

you are a panerai Library :) Where can i find Pictures

from the 3 different version of pam 127 gen dials.?

Edited by carlitosway

you are a panerai Library :) Where can i find Pictures

from the 3 different version of pam 127 gen dials.?

I am not a genius. I have had the benefit of seeing all 3 and at some point have owned two of the three different dials/watches. My favorite is the first dial used on the first 500 or so. It has the whitest font and the most "pronounced" font similar to the original 6152's which the Fiddy is meant to be a homage for.

I am not a genius. I have had the benefit of seeing all 3 and at some point have owned two of the three different dials/watches. My favorite is the first dial used on the first 500 or so. It has the whitest font and the most "pronounced" font similar to the original 6152's which the Fiddy is meant to be a homage for.

Kruzer - I am aware that in addition to what you indicated above for the gen v1 fiddy dial, the numerals & indices are also slightly thicker than the later versions. And the "1" in "12" are usually off on the rep dials ...

Edited by R_Squared

It would be very nice to see a lumeshot of Your fiddy dial lumed by domi as I am considering let him lume a dial for me ! :whistling:

I can tell you that luming a Fiddy is the easiest job in the world. Buy a wad of C3 and glop it on the underdial. :lol: And on the numbers it is the 6 and the 9 that jump out at me versus any rep dial.

Gen Fiddy dial before relume:

IMGP1867.jpg

Thanks for the picture!

It also depend on how THICK layer of lume You put on the dial and genuine RC tritec superlume C3 is VERY expensiv (40 euro a gram !) so it is understandable that the modders do not use more lume than nessesary!