When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Happy B-Day to Me!

dbutlerman

Well today is my birthday - Happy Birthday to Me :whistling: - and my awesome family bought me a new lens for my D60:

IMG_0018.jpg

It's a Nikkor 18-200 VR II (2nd Gen 18-200 Lens and 2nd Gen VR)...and it is cool! (Sidenote - there is no good way to take pictures of your good camera - hence the iphone picture)

It's kinda heavy - but now I can get rid of my 2 other lenses 18-55 VR and 55-200 VR and carry just this lens and my prime lens in my bag, and only this lens on a regular basis! I am very excited!

And here is a gratuitous Speedy picture:

DSC_0160.jpg

The white balance is kinda off, but oh well...it's still pretty good...now to find a good/cheap macro lens :)

Guest ThePhilosopher

Congrats, I only have 3 lenses for my Nikon kit - 28-70 f/2.8 80-200 f/2.8 and Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro - I don't see a need (with what I shoot) for anything else. Is the 18-200 a constant aperture lens (I'm guessing not).

Hi Philosopher, no, the 18-200 is not a constant aperture...that would be a little bit out of budget..as are your three lenses...You've got quite a collection of glass...I just ordered some close-up filters for my 18-200 so I can try to get some macros out of my lens...we'll have to see though....they get mixed reviews

Guest ThePhilosopher

Hi Philosopher, no, the 18-200 is not a constant aperture...that would be a little bit out of budget..as are your three lenses...You've got quite a collection of glass...I just ordered some close-up filters for my 18-200 so I can try to get some macros out of my lens...we'll have to see though....they get mixed reviews

You may try getting a reversing ring and a 50mm f/1.8 (or an old manual focus 50mm lens) as an alternative to the close-up lenses. You could also try Kenko extension tubes or the most expensive option, a dedicated macro lens Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 or the Tamron 90mm f/2.8. Snap some stuff off and show it to us. We need a more active photo section ;).