When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fixing Keyless works on A7750

Drulee

I've been searching the forum for a while without luck, for a thread about this.

A while back I bought a movement (A7750) which had the stem release button pushed in too far. I remember reading a thread about just pushing a lever back into positions from the top of the movement. I can change date wheels without any problem, so I thought that maybe I'd be able to do this quick fix as well.

Does anyone have a link to that thread?

Thanks

He gets so many PMs I'd rather just see if he responds to this thread, or if anyone else does - I'm in no rush :)

I think that if I don't have to go much farther than removing the date platform, I should be able to fix it. But any more than that, I may be asking for trouble :D

He gets so many PMs I'd rather just see if he responds to this thread, or if anyone else does - I'm in no rush :)

I think that if I don't have to go much farther than removing the date platform, I should be able to fix it. But any more than that, I may be asking for trouble :D

JoJo look-alike,

You have it figured out. You may not need to remove the date wheel. You will see the levers of the keyless works when you remove the dial. Simply nudge the lever with the pin back into position and re-install the dial and hands.

Simple really.

JoJo look-alike,

You have it figured out. You may not need to remove the date wheel. You will see the levers of the keyless works when you remove the dial. Simply nudge the lever with the pin back into position and re-install the dial and hands.

Simple really.

With the dial removed, pretty much all of the keyless works are still covered by the date wheel and date wheel related levers, plates, etc.

I should point out that the stem will go in far enough to get to the date changing position and I can move from one date to another when I turn it. However it won't go in any farther, and the stem release button is stuck in the down position.

HikeUSA, thanks for the link but that thread deals with another matter, not the keyless.

I remember that I explained that approach in one forum, a lot of time ago.

If you have a look to the movement... looking to the stem hole...you can see if the keyless work has a problem. If so, some levers are nor parallel to the movement face.

Try to allign the lever with the tip of a screwdrivers. Some times works... hoever...this is normally a short time solution.

Regards,

Francisco

I remember that I explained that approach in one forum, a lot of time ago.

If you have a look to the movement... looking to the stem hole...you can see if the keyless work has a problem. If so, some levers are nor parallel to the movement face.

Try to allign the lever with the tip of a screwdrivers. Some times works... hoever...this is normally a short time solution.

Regards,

Francisco

Thanks, I'll try to approach it that way. I'd assume that one of the levers would be pushed up, since the stem release button is stuck at the pushed in position.

YIPEE! :)

Finally fixed my first keyless works on an A7750 for PAM movement.

I ended up having to remove the date platform, and then saw that the setting lever had been pushed over the yoke, so the yoke was actually sitting underneath it. The top pin on the lever was also on the wrong side of the jumper. So I just used a screw driver to push the jumper back a bit and slid the lever back into position. While I was there I also placed very small "dabs" (size of tip of a needle) of D5 on the areas of the Keyless I had access to, where the ETA chart recommended application.

I was thrown off a bit while following the "ETA Swissl@b" flash diagrams, to dis-assemble and identify parts, as some of the cogs and springs had not been present, as this is a PAM A7750 that only has seconds at 9 and a date wheel. Otherwise everything was pretty straight forward.

As I've got another hour to kill, I'm going to have a look at another movement that has been "acting up" :)

Thanks for all the help, and Merry Christmas.