When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So I dug out all of my watch gear and parts.

Davey

I've not really been an active member of the forum over the last 2-3 years and I've been wearing the same old Airking day in, day out!

I was tidying up my study and I pulled the box which has all of my tools and parts so I started going through it.. There are so many un-finished projects I started and gave up on :| I found:

A Submariner 5508 I was building, correct small (smooth) sub-case, flat sided bezel, plastic crystal, fat crown, polished back etc.. but for some reason I never finished it..

Half finished Millgauss.

Most of the parts to build a vintage Explorer II (1655 orange hand).

A gorgeous Daytona 6263 case with 18mm strap and slide ways clasp plus two dials. God knows where the movement went!

An Omega planet ocean with a fudged stem.

And LOADSSSS of parts I forgot I had (cases, crystals, movements etc. etc.)..

So I'm fixing the Omega and I think I might try and find a movement for the 6263 :D

Whoa, 'Davey'. How the hell have you been? Surrey right? Have they dug the tunnel in Hindhead yet?

Not even a hobby watchsmithy, so I have no box o' parts, but I was sorting out a load of files to shoot to a back-up drive and I came across a saved post/tutorial of yours regarding 'Keyless Works Realignment' you posted on the old RWG, 2-3 years ago actually. Spooky how that goes. Maybe it were your last post to date? :lol: Anyhoo you helped sort out my TWB SD. I suppose you missed my 'thank you' post then? :lol:

SD-1.jpg

Good luck sorting out your old projects. I know how it feels to fall out of 'hobby'. I've had this on the building board for about seven years. The progess from pic 1 to pic 2? Three years. :pardon:

51inprogress.jpg

P-51Progress2.jpg

Good to see you.

Hi Demsey, hope life is treating you well! Glad you sorted the SD! Pain in the [censored] when the ETA's do that, I've had a few do it on me even when I've used the correct size screw driver.

I'm terrible with hobbies, the only one I never give up on is cars! I've got a fully fitted workshop now (ramps, compressor, press etc.) and I spend my free time there now. Plus I've always been a bit to heavy handed for watches :D

Oh and Its Berkshire :)

Whoa, 'Davey'. How the hell have you been? Surrey right? Have they dug the tunnel in Hindhead yet?

Not even a hobby watchsmithy, so I have no box o' parts, but I was sorting out a load of files to shoot to a back-up drive and I came across a saved post/tutorial of yours regarding 'Keyless Works Realignment' you posted on the old RWG, 2-3 years ago actually. Spooky how that goes. Maybe it were your last post to date? :lol: Anyhoo you helped sort out my TWB SD. I suppose you missed my 'thank you' post then? :lol:

SD-1.jpg

Good luck sorting out your old projects. I know how it feels to fall out of 'hobby'. I've had this on the building board for about seven years. The progess from pic 1 to pic 2? Three years. :pardon:

51inprogress.jpg

P-51Progress2.jpg

Good to see you.

What a cool project to be Involved In. I hope you finish It someday(soon) :D When you do I hope you will show some pics of this beautiful air craft. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike