When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another problem to complete my Red 1680

nick1972

Hey guys,

I have another problem to build my 1680. I bought a 1570 movement and yes there it is, it won't fit.

It's a 1603 movement and I new it, So for once and all a 1601, 1603 "1570" movement won't fit at all.

So my question is, what do I have to do? Searching for a new date seat or have this one milled.

At first I wanted to do it myself but I cant take it of because one of the screws is rusty.

Is it a possible task for a watchmaker to do this? Or should I sell the watch again and buy a ref: 1500

Thanks,

Kiara

Welcome to the wonderful world of diy watch construction. :whistling:

At best, replica watch cases are not made to any specific standard of quality. Their dimensions & form are dictated solely by what the factory may have available at any given time. For this reason, it is folly to assume that a gen movement (or any other gen Rolex part) will automatically fit anything other than a gen case (exceptions being a few $650-$2,000 made-to-gen-specs aftermarket cases from the likes of NDtrading, Yuki, etc). And even some of the best made-to-gen-spec cases do not always mate properly with gen parts. Building frankens is much more of an art than a science, meaning that the theory (of what should fit) more often proves to be the exception rather than the rule.

It's a yuki case and everything fits like a glove, genuine bezel, genuine 702 tube and crown. So it have the right dimensions.

The problem is and I read a topic about it, a ref 1603 caliber 1570 won't fit a sport rolex, but some people says it does.

There is a difference in the date seat, a ref 1603 have a beveled dateseat while a ref 1500, 1680 have a straight.

JoJo35, I have a gen Red sub dial ;)post-23685-126118088948_thumb.jpgpost-23685-126118090857_thumb.jpg

Who knows the partnumber from the right dateseat?

Thanks,

Kiara

I am curious. Look at your Yuki case (I am doing the same project w/Yuki's older case). Does yours have what looks like a cut-out inside the case?

Like one of those puzzle games, IF you get the angle correct it might actually slip in after all.

If that does not make sense, LMK and I will shoot some pics of the inside of my case. It is as if "they" accounted for the differing 1570's.