When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Crystal /Cyclops for GMT Master II Ceramic

panerai153

Im' sitting here looking at my GMT master II comparing it to the genuine in Lani's photo on another thread. Actually , this rep is pretty good except for that darn non-AR'ed Cyclops. With any direct light, it's so reflective and distorting it's sometimes hard to read the date.

My question is does any member have a relationship with a watchmaker who can source a genuine crystal for this watch. I don't even know if a genuine would fit, but it would be worth a try. I have looked at most of the sites that sell aftermarket crystals, but no one has this one.

Any help appreciated

Arthur

My Crystal is at Chiefs Lab at the moment .. the cyclops has been removed.. and it will need to be glued back on and then the AR removed from around the cyclops on both sides.. I hope the results will be there..

I'll see what I can do Arthur about sourcing a gen crystal for you.. I cannot promise but I'll ask a friend who owns a independent AD..

the genuine would be a snap to install but for some reson I like the challenge of creating the same effect with the tools we have available here. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/L

My Crystal is at Chiefs Lab at the moment .. the cyclops has been removed.. and it will need to be glued back on and then the AR removed from around the cyclops on both sides.. I hope the results will be there..

I'll see what I can do Arthur about sourcing a gen crystal for you.. I cannot promise but I'll ask a friend who owns a independent AD..

the genuine would be a snap to install but for some reson I like the challenge of creating the same effect with the tools we have available here. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

AC/L

Lanikai,

So does that mean that you are ar'ing the whole thing - both sides. Then putting the cyclops back on. Then removing it fully from one side, then removing if from around the replaced cyclops?

I guess that way - it would be underneath the cyclops.

Let us know if that works - would love the same done to mine if it works!