When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watche that fit a small wrist?

melu

The Speedy is a great looking and feeling watch and at around 40mm (ish) it doesn't drag your arm behind you as you try to walk with it!!

A lot of the Rolexs are a pretty mid-sizeish watch too, the Sub is around 40mm as are most of the popular models. But don't get the DSSD if you are worried about size! It's a beast and defo run away from Breitling and AP's!! lol

Seriously, as Lani said, you will get used to how much bigger most of the big brand name watches are! They aren't your average Casio size for sure!

Sixx :bones:

I love PAMs as well, that's why I will buy a PAM49 or PAM50 as my first rep. Model isn't that important because I will change the strap. It should be 40mm, that's my demand. :rolleyes:

As for a second watch I think I will go for a Omega, I don't know the model yet but it's going to be an Omega for sure!

I love PAMs as well, that's why I will buy a PAM49 or PAM50 as my first rep. Model isn't that important because I will change the strap. It should be 40mm, that's my demand. :rolleyes:

As for a second watch I think I will go for a Omega, I don't know the model yet but it's going to be an Omega for sure!

If you really want to stick with a small case watch you might want to take a look at the Omega Deville. They are around 38mm and under 10mm thick. Not really my cup of joe but you may like them, good luck :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Yeah, I like some of the models, this for example.

Omega48413132_big.jpg

I have to admit, thats a good looking watch. It also looks to be a picture of the gen, :g: so be careful and stick with the trusted dealers(collectors)here at RWG. :) (ps) If and when you see a rep watch with the time set at 10.10 It's probably a picture of the real watch. What you will end up getting (if anything) Is anyone's guess. :unsure:

Thank you lani.

I'm starting to think that a 44mm would fit my wrist, of course it would look a bit oversized but so what? This because it's so damn hard to get a decent 40mm PAM.

It would be nice to see some 44mm on 16-18cm wrists.

Yes, the Pre-Daytona is nice, I'm just not that in to metal braclets. This could of course be changed(?).

Thank you lani.

I'm starting to think that a 44mm would fit my wrist, of course it would look a bit oversized but so what? This because it's so damn hard to get a decent 40mm PAM.

It would be nice to see some 44mm on 16-18cm wrists.

Yes, the Pre-Daytona is nice, I'm just not that in to metal braclets. This could of course be changed(?).

Melu... I've seen gen 127's and submersibles on very narrow wrist and they look great.. it's the "oversize"

it's all how you pull it off and 'feel' wearing one that is the difference maker.

Like anything else.. if you keep telling yourself it looks strange.. then it will "feel" very strange on your wrist and the enjoyment will be minimized..so it's really how you feel about it.. cause IMO.. they look great on any wrist..

but since your the one wearing it.. it may take time to get over being self conscious.

And there's really no need to be.. imo watches are not like shoes.. it doesn't have to be a perfect fit.. :D

AC/L

My advise would be go with a classic Rolli.

Many or most are 38/39mm, and wear just fine on a smaller wrist. The Explorer I, and Date Just are perfect examples. Not only is the size of the case important, but the thickness is very important as well. Many dive watches and chronos for instance might be 41 to 44mm, but are 16/17/18mm thick. It can be like wearing a small hockey puck on your wrist..top heavy and uncomfortable.

For many of us with smaller wrists (like mine - 6.5'') I find that 41mm up to 44mm (like most Pams) fit just fine, but ARE big. It is certainly a matter of taste as well as fit.

Some of the larger watches like the 45mm PO, or the Pam Fifty are just plain TOO big, and quite frankly, uncomfortable as well. On the other hand when I put on my Explorer I, it seems really small. You really need to pick and choose what works best for you.

You need to pick your watch, and then concern yourself with fit.

Over the years of collecting, I have ordered different watches, only to receive them and sell them immediately simply because although they be well made and beautiful...they JUST DON'T FIT.

It becomes be a matter of trial and error to find what works best for you.

There are MANY nice watches in the 38mm to 43mm range that will look great and fit great on smaller wrists. Keep trying.

Yeah, you are both right on this one. But because I'm more in to PAM's at the time, I will go for a PAM as my first rep.

As you say lani, if the one that wears the watch enjoys it then it will look good, True. But it would be a bit pitty is I buy a 44mm and then it's too big. It could be perfect though. That's why I've tried to find pics of 6"-6.5" wrists wearing a 44mm PAM. I have found some. It would be nice to see more though.

And the 40mm are so f*cking hard to find. I have found a dealer that can supply me with a new 40mm MBW PAM for a decent price, 280