When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Railmaster XXL Thoughts

Jks020

By-Tor's guides are usually the best place to start and the Omega guide is here. It also links to Stephane's pictorial, which you can find here. I'm not aware of any rep vs. gen reviews, but the regular Railmaster is considered a very good replication and since the XXL is the same watch, just larger, it ought to be just as good.

Not many flaws other than the movement decoration not being as accurate ad the gen....

but overall as solid replication with a workhorse movement.

A tremendous value IMO

omegarailmasterxxl.jpg

+1, Nice simple dial layout, a very clean design, a real beauty as Dluddys wristie provides witness to this beautiful timepiece, great choice :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

2 things to consider with this one...

1) size

2) crystal

Both the 47mm and the 38mm versions of the railmaster are very good replications...i owned the 47mm and loved the classic look...but i felt it was just too large - even tho it's a thin watch...i have a 7.5" wrist and it felt too big for me...the second thing that i didn't like was the crystal...it has NO ar...and reflects everything...it masks the dial, IMO...if you get it, you really should consider aftermarket AR...the lume on the 47mm is ok, but nothing to write home about...the 38mm version that is still sold by josh and others has a really nice AR and one of the best rep straps - it's actually gen croc on a depoloyment...it's also got a swiss eta movement and nice lume...Lanikai has posted pix of his 38mm a number of times...

I hope this helps...

here's a wristie of mine shot in a mirror...

img1912medium.jpg

R-

Both sizes IMO are great reps.. the XXL does as DL states wear a little big..but if your into over sized watches a must get.. and the 38-39 mm (depending how you measure it) is a fantastic replication.. the strap on the smaller versionis the best reptilian rep strap out .. and the deployment clasp is first rate.

bot of them deserve to be in your collection..

omegarailmaster008.jpg

omegarailmaster006.jpg

omegarailmaster001.jpg

img2386l.jpg

AC/L