When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

had my replica explorer serviced

horologist

OK, I do not delude myself to compare any replicas with the real McCoy. The very first replica I ever bought a few years ago was from Silix which was the explorer 1. I have worn it every day non stop and it has been through a lot of punishment and has passed the test of resistance with flying colours. My watchmaker friend who I have known for years looks after me every time I have had something done. I decided to get this replica serviced as it also has acquired some sentimental value. Just before Xmas I collected it and am quite happy with it. He even said to me that the case is very good and passed the pressure test like most average brand divers watch which I guess would be about 50m. I was surprised to hear this as I thought that the replica cases were no where near as good as most other real brands. I cannot complain with this replica as it is one of the best value for money I have ever got, when considering that it even came close to those of good brands. Anyone had similar satisfactory experiences with their replica????

I bought this Rolex 6694 rep from Silix back in '06 for $130- with a Swiss eta. I wasn't happy with the date mag and swapped out an aftermarket crystal for the 6694 in an attempt to fix it. Cyclops was in the wrong place- to far left.

http://www.silix-prime.com/rols048-p-1468.html

Finally this year I bought a 3-6-9 explorer dial and mercedes hands from MKII watches and a T-12 crystal (no cyclops) and put it all back together. Great lume on the MKII dial and hands and now I have a nice MKII Explorer for $250. Haven't checked WR yet, but all I'm planning on at this point is a 50 yd dash in a rainstorm w/ a raincoat on.

MKIIexplorer.jpg

Here's my MKII Explorer, not a Rolex, not a rep, just a reborn watch w/ a Swiss eta 2836-2 inside. I kept the 6mm rep Rolex crown because I just didn't see any big need to change it out for an unbranded one- that could have meant changing the case tube also- too much work.