When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first try on reluming a watch.

MilSub

I got this B&R style watch off the bay for $8 shipped. It's a total piece of junk but I got it just to practice reluming so for that it's ok.

I know it's nowhere close to perfect but with a little more practice I might work up the courage to do this to my Sinn rep.

What do you think?

relume1.jpg

relume2.jpg

From the pics it looks great. Do you have close-up shots in light to see the precision of application? That's the real "tell"!!

What product did you use?

For a first time job...even a 20th time job...it looks great. Well done.

Thanks!

I used bergeons kit with powder, varnish and thinner. I started working without any thinner in the mix and when I did the numbers I added some thinner and that made it easier to work with but not as bright so I think two layers of the mix with thinner would be perfect.

Here are two close up shots.

relume3.jpg

relume4.jpg

That's an awesome job, it's looking really good :good: Once you've done one dial, it just gets easier and easier. Well, not exactly easier, but once you know what you're doing, it gets a little less nerve-wracking :lol::victory::drinks:

PS Do you still have a link for the seller? For $8 I wouldn't say no to one of those :)

That's an awesome job, it's looking really good :good: Once you've done one dial, it just gets easier and easier. Well, not exactly easier, but once you know what you're doing, it gets a little less nerve-wracking :lol::victory::drinks:

PS Do you still have a link for the seller? For $8 I wouldn't say no to one of those :)

Thanks! I'll just keep practicing until I feel confident ennough to do it on a "real" watch.

Here is a link to the seller, just noticed it was $8.99. But let me remind you, it's a real piece of garbage. No seals anywhere, the case is painted aluminum and the movement is a joke, but for practice purposes it's good. It allso made me start looking for a nice B&R rep.

Thanks! I'll just keep practicing until I feel confident ennough to do it on a "real" watch.

Here is a link to the seller, just noticed it was $8.99. But let me remind you, it's a real piece of garbage. No seals anywhere, the case is painted aluminum and the movement is a joke, but for practice purposes it's good. It allso made me start looking for a nice B&R rep.

Thanks for the link :) I'm sure I'll be able to make something out of one, or just keep it as a real beat up and forget about watch :) My tip for practicing luming, is to lume the letters of magazine covers and flyers :)