When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Master IIc Gen V Replica

Ian C.

Hi,

I have bought a few reps from the dealers here over the past year or so. One of the latest was the GMT Master IIc as I wanted to see how it looked and felt on my wrist before buying the Gen version. Well, I now have the Gen and thought I'd post this picture of them side by side for anyone who is interested.

On it's own, the rep is ok, but by the side of the Gen, the differences are very noticeable.

The Gen is keeping time exactly, it's not lost or gained anything yet - but I've only had it 24hrs!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anyway, here's the comparison photo.

See how many differences you can see.

GMTIIcfakeVGen.jpg

Happy new year to you all!!

The rep on the right looks pretty good compared to Gen on left, expect for bezel font color and AR on cyclops.

+1...the AR cyclops really stands out...

Without a side-by-side though, you would never notice the bezel font colour because of different lighting and stuff...all in all...a great rep!

+1...the AR cyclops really stands out...

Without a side-by-side though, you would never notice the bezel font colour because of different lighting and stuff...all in all...a great rep!

I agree. on it's own on your wrist I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference. On closer inspection with them side by side the differences I was able to spot were:-

Bezel font colour

The lettering on the rep dial are bigger

Rehaut engraving not lining up at 9 o clock mark

Rehaut engraving is different

incorrect hand stack

The white gold border on the hour markers is much thicker on the rep

Lack of AR on the cyclops

When you handle them, the differences are:-

Bezel moves so much more smoothly on the Gen

You adjust the 12 & 24hr hands differently.

There is a slight jerkyness to the rep second hand sweep but it is only the cheap 21j Asian movement.

The crown feels much smoother/more positive when adjusting the time.

There is a huge price difference between the two but I'm fortunate to be able to afford the Gen and there is something about knowing the watch you have on your wrist is the real deal, irespective of what people think you have.

I'm hoping to go to the Phillipines in March to attend a friends wedding and I'll be wearing it there. There are loads of cheap street corner sellers of fakes in Cebu so everyone will think my watch is a fake. I don't care - I know it's real!!

Cheers.

Ditto & the color of the numbers in the OP's bezel seems unusually dark compared to others I have seen (including my own).

I agree. on it's own on your wrist I don't think you'd be able to tell the difference. On closer inspection with them side by side the differences I was able to spot were:-

Bezel font colour

The lettering on the rep dial are bigger

Rehaut engraving not lining up at 9 o clock mark

Rehaut engraving is different

incorrect hand stack

The white gold border on the hour markers is much thicker on the rep

Lack of AR on the cyclops

When you handle them, the differences are:-

Bezel moves so much more smoothly on the Gen

You adjust the 12 & 24hr hands differently.

There is a slight jerkyness to the rep second hand sweep but it is only the cheap 21j Asian movement.

The crown feels much smoother/more positive when adjusting the time.

Correct hand stack (looks/functions same as gen)

I replaced crown/tube & crystal with gens

Mine is from the 1st batch & has been keeping COSC time since new

The biggest tell on mine is the misaligned & laser etched (as opposed to engraved) ROLEXROLEXROLEX around the inner flange

003-2_2__tonemapped1.jpg

0471.jpg

047-2_2__tonemapped1.jpg