When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB

bertieng

Wonder if the Swiss 7750 can be swopped into the HBB yet using the same dial, hands and the rotor.

This can be a thought to save all the black screws changing, bridge polishing, adding fake regulator etc. for modding. Only left is the H transfer and rotor bearing mods.

Any idea if this will work?

It can be done and I believe all of two have been done. I did one years ago and ended up having to cannibalize several movements to get all the parts. It is a heck of a lot of work and requires either having access to obscure ETA parts or cannibalizing your existing Asian movement(s) which kind of destroys the purpose. Check with your watch smith. The other issue with the ETA movement is finding one with the correct bridge plate finish and engravings/markings. On the next one I bought I opted to simply service it and it has been running fine. You will never fool that 000.9% of the population who knows or cares about the movement so you are doing it for yourself.

Not necessarily...as the HBB's usually have a tricompax layout. If it was a standard 6-9-12 configuration...no problems aside from the hand sizing.

On the HBBs however, transfering the tricompax mod from a modded a7750 to a Swiss 7750 is not something I've seen done too often and I'm not sure that it's a straight plug-and-play mod. As Zig has said, the only true 7750 is the 6-9-12 configuration.

It can be done and I believe all of two have been done. I did one years ago and ended up having to cannibalize several movements to get all the parts. It is a heck of a lot of work and requires either having access to obscure ETA parts or cannibalizing your existing Asian movement(s) which kind of destroys the purpose.

Is this because of the tricompax layout modification...or am I way off on this??? You have more experience on this by MILES AND MILES than I do!!

• 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily...as the HBB's usually have a tricompax layout. If it was a standard 6-9-12 configuration...no problems aside from the hand sizing.

On the HBBs however, transfering the tricompax mod from a modded a7750 to a Swiss 7750 is not something I've seen done too often and I'm not sure that it's a straight plug-and-play mod. As Zig has said, the only true 7750 is the 6-9-12 configuration.

Is this because of the tricompax layout modification...or am I way off on this??? You have more experience on this by MILES AND MILES than I do!!

there's a thread on RG, it has been done by Domenico. Check it out, very detailed with pics...