When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seeking Information From The Tudor Experts ...

wheaton26

hello rgw. last year my mother in law brought over a leather pouch that's been in her safe deposit box for years. it was left to her by her late father who passed away in 1990. inside was a "piece of eight" coin, three pocket watches and two non working watches. the first watch was by the brand orient and was previously owned by sean connery. the second watch (and what i am most interested in) was the tudor pictured below. i had a few watches going to the zigmeister over the holidays so i included this tudor to see if it could be fixed. to my delight, he was successful! he said the watch had probably never been serviced as the inside was dried up and the o'rings were useless. in fact, he had to freeze the caseback with nitrogen just to get it open. lol. the main problem was a loose cannon pin which was causing the hands not to move. anyway, i am hoping to find out more about this particular watch ... when it was produced etc. it's a 38mm tudor oyster prince date + day with grey dial (although it looks blue in the pictures). the case reference number is 7017/0 and the serial number is 682285. it is the non-quickset date + day movement and is currently on a cheap leather replacement strap and buckle. i'm going to start digging through some old photographs to see if i can find any pictures of my wife's grandfather wearing it. that way i can find out if it was originally on a strap or bracelet ... i assume strap? any input would be appreciated and a big thank you to the zigmeister again, for bringing this family heirloom back to life. my mother in law is as pleased as i am! all the best.

SUC50004.jpg

SUC50007.jpg