When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

'New Asia 7750 movement'

757-200

I have tried a search and I am sure it is somewhere on here. I was wondering if someone could tell me, how well built is the Asia 7750 movement? I understand there are certain ways to set the date to avoid breaking the mechanism. Is that correct? Is it quite safe to set the time and turn the screw or is there risk of it sheering off? The 'screw' (time and date changer) is a screw tight one, is it quite safe to screw it tight? I have just bought my first watch with it (a Skyland Avenger ultimate from Trusty) and so far it is great, it moves smoothly and I have set the time and date with no problems. I just don't want to break the bugger and so want to know its limitations. If anyone has the time to answer/ explain to me or point me in the right direction of where to look I'd really appreciate that.

Cheers.

I have tried a search and I am sure it is somewhere on here. I was wondering if someone could tell me, how well built is the Asia 7750 movement? I understand there are certain ways to set the date to avoid breaking the mechanism. Is that correct? Is it quite safe to set the time and turn the screw or is there risk of it sheering off? The 'screw' (time and date changer) is a screw tight one, is it quite safe to screw it tight? I have just bought my first watch with it (a Skyland Avenger ultimate from Trusty) and so far it is great, it moves smoothly and I have set the time and date with no problems. I just don't want to break the bugger and so want to know its limitations. If anyone has the time to answer/ explain to me or point me in the right direction of where to look I'd really appreciate that.

Cheers.

Ha ha, I have actually just found it.

Ok I have had a read - very informative. How about this bit of my original post:

'Is it quite safe to set the time and turn the screw or is there risk of it sheering off? The 'screw' (time and date changer) is a screw tight one, is it quite safe to screw it tight? '

Ultimately, as I appreciate these are replicas, is the movement pretty strong like any other watch, can it be used every day and are there any other physical handling characteristics require, like being ultra sensitive with the screw otherwise it will break? By this I mean more so than any watch in general. I appreciate it is a small spindle of metal, it will of course break if you miss treat it.

Thanks in advance.

I'm assuming you've seen The Zigmeister's write-up...here's one on his breakdown of a serviced 4 year old one:

Zig's 4 Year Old A7750

1) is the movement pretty strong like any other watch

As strong as expensive gen watches...as reliable as well...but needs to be serviced within a year when bought new as movement generally comes dirty and improperly oiled so servicing will get things where they should be to prevent damaging of gears and other parts

2)can it be used every day and are there any other physical handling characteristics require, like being ultra sensitive with the screw otherwise it will break?

Aside from the usual caveats about mechanical watches...they can be used everyday as long as they are serviced and maintained properly. If not serviced and maintained...they can still be used everyday...but may run into performance problems prematurely...but you may also get lucky and have it lost without problems for many years.

Certain rules: Don't manually wind an a7750...just enough to get it running...and rely on the auto-winder; don't set the time between around 9pm and 4am or it can jam some gears (this is the same as the gen); don't drop it or smash it into walls (same as the gen)

3) By this I mean more so than any watch in general.

Yes...these watches are more delicate than quartz movements...but no more delicate than other mechanical chronos.

Good luck and welcome to the forum...more info on the A7750 can be found linked in the Noob Guide linked in my Signature.

Toads not MOTY for nothing, all of the Information he gave you Is spot on as always :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have eight 7750 movements and all of them are doing well. It Is very true what The Zigmeister says about servicing Imho. My Pam 250 Is about ten months old and It started to run a bit slow, off to the watch repair person for servicing It go's. If you really like the watch and would like to keep It for as long as posable then have It serviced within a year. Always make sure that your 7750 watch Is set at 6 so as not to do damage to the gears. Between 10-2 Is when most dates are changing over and this Is when you want to avoid changing the date manually, so set It at 6 o clock. Im also very careful when I pull out the crown. I noticed that they can be weak and If not treated gently, It could cause you problems. The crown tubes can be very thin. The more careful you are the better off you should be. I always have to remind myself that these are chinese made reps. They may look very much like the genuine article but they are not built to same high Swiss standards. As the old saying go's " take care of your rep and It will take care of you, hopfully :victory: Mike

i am thinking about getting a daytona 6263.. but that doesn't have the date.

so does changing time between 9pm-2am still apply in that case? unsure.gif

Changing the time is not the issue...it's using the quickset date change between those times that is the problem. So, you can change the time whenever you need to...just don't do the quickset date change. No date...no problem.

It's also not an issue of course on the Seagull ST19 6263's (manual wind "Lemania").