When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new UPO - some help needed..

rytox

Hey everyone!

Today, PreciousTime is gonna send me some photos of my ordered UPO.

I've read all the UPO-related posts on the forum and I'm still not exactly sure what parts I should pay extra attention to..

What would you check on the photos before giving PT your 'ok'?

Thanks a lot!

rytox

yes my german friend , its the same bad dial as mine .. BUT believe me the watch looks awsome, the building quality is so impressive and the overall look so good :)

i love mine and i was exactly the same [censored] like you, but the first moment i had it on my wrist i loved it so much :)

and as lani said to me, when you are sure and that you will love it that much, then there is no other then the franken way with a gen dial, of course with a other or zigmasters treated crystal.

but dont get mad, i know that you will love it exactly like me, but if you want to upgrade your watch, here you can find always a helping hand :)

i think you should be more afraid of resizing the brazelet, thats a bigger challenge :rofl:

denz

dsc06015i.jpg

but dont get mad

I won't 8)

But I'm still [censored], because one reason I ordered the orange numbered one was, that it should have an already fixed dial. The pictures on PTs website show the correct dial, I asked him etc.

UltimatePO2006j.jpg

Anyways, I wrote PT an email yesterday asking if he has another (correct) dial for me. No answer yet, maybe everything will be ok by tomorrow.. :bounce:

I won't 8)

But I'm still [censored], because one reason I ordered the orange numbered one was, that it should have an already fixed dial. The pictures on PTs website show the correct dial, I asked him etc.

UltimatePO2006j.jpg

Anyways, I wrote PT an email yesterday asking if he has another (correct) dial for me. No answer yet, maybe everything will be ok by tomorrow.. :bounce:

Let me know rytox.. I have the a correct black/white going to Deniz.. and have the orange numeral dial (correct) if you should need it..i replace both with the genuine dials..

Mastermind,i think they are on about the OMEGA logo with the happy feetand the text above the 6!!Ive got 3 and the clown feet dont bother me that much.I think if i had the skill to change the dial id probably give it a go though.

@lani-Im sure youve got too many watches mate,so if any of your big [censored] Super Avengers are taking up too much room i could always take one off your hands mate......lol.

Yeah, it's the issue with the "text" above the 6. Distance too short, and the width of "600m/200ft" is also wrong..

I knew about the happy feet, they wouldn't have bothered me at all.

I thought they already fixed that on the orange numbered dials. :angry:

Cheers

rytox-one thing i do know about PT is he does CQ the watches alot more(better) than some of our far east friends,if the factories have produced alot of these dials with the dodgy text,he may find it hard to get his hands on the correct ones.

If you feel confident enough or you know someone who can do it,maybe it would be worth taking up lani's offer of the dial or even going the gen dial route??

Then again,if the watch on PTs site has the correct text and you thought you were ordering that one.Thats what you should be getting.

Then again,if the watch on PTs site has the correct text and you thought you were ordering that one.Thats what you should be getting.

That is exactly what I think about it. I even asked about the dial back then..

Anyways I'm chatting with him over email atm. so maybe we can figure something out.

I already asked lani how much he wants for the dial, that surely would be an option.

Oh ok, I knew about the happy feet, just not the dial print. Thanks!

:)

I just received my chrono from Tony @7750 and the only problems are the feet and the SDW. The pushers(mod 7750) are off a bit but know one will notice. With the correct sub dial spacing the watch looks really nice. :) Mike

Lani that was a generous offer. But hold onto that dial for someone who needs it. Ry has been allowing you to think that this watch was shipped. It has not been So there is no issue that an email won't fix.

No worries, I told him already..