When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question About The Older 3646 Vintages With Molnija Movement

slay

All of you probably know this watch here:

112141-23701.jpg

Take a closer look at the crown of the VERY FIRST version of this watch, it looked like this:

112141-23702.jpg

awfully close to the WM crowns (hope its OK to take your pick, quarks!):

112141-23703.jpg

The newer ones, however, look like this:

112141-23704.jpg

WHY did they stop making those crowns and started with the current ones (which look like crap IMO)?!

And even more important, does ANYONE of you even have one of the very first versions of this watch?

Edited by slay

I see the debate of the crowns as moot, it is wrong on all reps, they are all Raised and the original Rolex made, SWISS CROSS Brevet is a Reccessed logo and text ... much harder to produce and so the reps are raised probably because it's a cheaper process. But the fact is the replicat crowns are mirror wrong!

114088-23230.jpg

I see the debate of the crowns as moot, it is wrong on all reps, they are all Raised and the original Rolex made, SWISS CROSS Brevet is a Reccessed logo and text ... much harder to produce and so the reps are raised probably because it's a cheaper process. But the fact is the replicat crowns are mirror wrong!

114092-23229.jpg

Please stay with us Enzo.

Some of us have serious problems acessing RWI.

For some reason I cannot acess the forum from here (my house).

Marco

I also have this watch but it is the same version as slay's last pic.

One thing I will say though if you look at Enzo's engraved crown the lettering and cross is in the same position as the newer version, could that be the correct placement and why the newer crowns are made this way?

Ken

• 2 weeks later...
Well, when they were first available, they were 280$ something. Now they can be bought for 130$! The crown is definetly not worth 150$, but I just dont see why they changed it.

I want to get one of these to wabifi, and $130 is looking mighty attractive. Cheapest I'm finding is Silix, at $180. Any ideas?