When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying from Precious Time using Western Union

Craig S

Hi all,

Im about to buy a few items from Precious time, and he is requesting that I pay using Western Union. Any of you guys had experience of paying using Western Union? I'm little nervous of using this service, as I normally use Paypal for online payments etc.

Cheers

Craig.

Western Union is fine.. you will be given a receipt and you will need to email the MTC number to PT so he can pick up the money.. I prefer Moneygram though.. WU competition.. lower rates.. and lower if you go into a MG office.. here in Hawaii they are located in the Super Markets .. WU fee has gone up quite a bit in the last 12 months..

Some dealers like DSN take only WU or MG for payment.. they're all good though.. you won't be scammed by any of our dealers here..

AC/Lani

Just name and city is what you need to send.. make sure when you get the receipt the name is spelled correctly by the clerk otherwise the money will need to be returned and done over..errors on the clerks part caused me grief a couple times.,.. mistaken Qfor a U.. etc.

I agree with lani, My wife sensds money to her family in Europe all the time. We used to use Western Union, but their rates are really ridiculous. 10-15% depending on where you send the money. She uses moneygram now, much less expensive. You can go to Moneygram's website type in your zipcode, and every Moneygram merchant, address and phone number will show up.

Make certain that you spell the recipients name correctly. check over the form before the clerk hits "send" The recipient will have to show proof of identity such as a drivers license or passport along with the control number that is on your invoice. Everything has to match! IF not, it's a hassle because you have to have the transaction reversed and redo it.

I would not have any problems sending money via moneygram to any of our dealers, but having said that I would never ever send funds Western Union or Moneygram to anyone I didn't know. A few years back there was a new dealer on the old TRC named Luucky. He was about the only source at that time for MBW, unless you were a well known member and could buy from George or Watchmaster, well, Luucky sold a few watches and delivered OK, but after a time, he quit delivering and sort of disappeared, along with quite a few folks funds. Only time I can remember this happening. But never use these funding choices with someone unknown.

Arthur

For some dealers they don't publish that they accept PayPal , you will have to ask them. And if they do you must not mention what the item is to protect their account. No harm asking. I have done that before and it's better than WU. It's quite easy for them to lose their PayPal account if someone is stupid enough to mention reps in the transaction so they prefer to use WU or MG.