When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex crowns on ebay

offshore

I ask the Rx experts here for their opinion on this lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/90-crowns-new-old-stock-rolex-tudor-signed-vintage_W0QQitemZ380196674738QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Watches?hash=item58857cdcb2#ht_591wt_958

A little history.

First I believe this is not the 1st time this lot or a similar one has been listed. (Think I may have even asked a couple of our RX guys here about it by PM?)

Next I have had dealings with the seller, and he is not to be trusted!

He comes from a very old watch making family here in Oz, is the black sheep, and has been selling off the family's accumulated stock for at least 5 years on ebay. I had purchased from him (and even met him face to face)...nothing he advertises is TOTALLY false, he just gilds the lily a bit, or more than a bit!

So don't go rushing out to snap up a bargain, as there will be more to this lot than meets the eye.

However it is an interesting offering....if it's fact; but then "If it's to good to be true..then........."

Offshore

Difficult to say for certain based on those pics; what I can see is that several of the crowns in the large pic look to be in non-usable condition, and that's the visible damage. I bet several are probably cross threaded as well.

The 7mm Triplock in the second pic looks okay in terms of being correct. I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few aftermarket or outright fakes in that mix as well, however.

What's actually good in that mix may be few and far between.