When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rep Bracelets - any good?

jlowdo

Just wondering what people's experience with the rep bracelets are ( quality of finish etc.. ), more precisely the brushed steel one ( saw on Josh's site ).

I also need to know if they will fit a 44mm 1950 style case. It is to fit on a Gen PAM ( 312 ), i'd like a bracelet for it but refuse to pay the silly money they are asking.

Ultimately, my question is should i consider the rep bracelet for my gen PAM?

Any thoughts or experiences much appreciated!!

Cheers

It really depends on you. It looks and feels fine, but the gen bracelet operates smoother and the edges on the rep one are not as nicely finished. Many folks will tell you to soften the edges with Scotch Brite pad or something like that and soak the bracelet in mineral oil and wash it off and it will feel much smoother.

I think the bracelet is good and could use an oil treatment, altough I never did that. But the deployment is still rep quality. Probably not as smooth as a gen.

And you can always sell the rep bracelet back here on the forum if it doesn't suit your taste..

I think the bracelet is good and could use an oil treatment, altough I never did that. But the deployment is still rep quality. Probably not as smooth as a gen.

And you can always sell the rep bracelet back here on the forum if it doesn't suit your taste..

+1

I never bothered oiling either. Another thing to note though is that from what I can see on the site, the bracelets they have are not correct for the 312. They have what I consider the more stylish bracelet for the PAMs...but technically not accurate for the 312. Mind you, many folks will swap out the 312 bracelet for the one sold on the submersible line...but in the gen world, that's a $3,000 option.

It will be burly with the bracelet on...it's heavy...but like Ubi said, I think for the most part, the 312 looks better on a strap, but YMMV!!

There are two styles of rep bracelets available, the old one with "D" (or "Y") shaped links, and the newer one with all rectangular links. It seems the newer one is available in lower and better quality versions. You may want to contact Hont and see if he still can get them.

However, there is a big chance they won't fit a genuine PAM. Unlike the straps, they have tabs to hold them in place, and some have screws as well, so if the end links aren't perfect they may not fit onto your lugs.

But as they only cost between $70 (check the sales area here) to $85 (new), why not just pick one up and try it out. If it doesn't fit, you can easily sell it here :)