When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Display Case Back Dimensions

Bike Mike

Its for the 188?

If so Bruce79 has a gen on RG.

If want I can measures my backs I have a gen 88, an EL, a DSN and LH 44mm plus a gen caseback on its own.

Let us know mate

Why did I know Pete was going to be the first to chime in? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It is for a Pam 188 case with the ETA7753 movement. The 188 cases are different between the A7750 and 7753 so the case backs are not interchangeable.

So, can a display case back, say from a Pam112 fit a Pam188 w/ETA7753 case? If no one knows, the measurement of the thread diameter and overall thickness will give me a good indication.

Doing a movement/old school case swap

Tanya is the one to ask mate he has the 188 for 7753

As do I. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am taking my 7753 out of the 188 case and putting it into a old school 196 case as it has a thicker bezel and case back per the Gens.

I am thus taking the A7750 out of the old school 196 case and putting it into my current 188 case. The problem being, the 188 case is not as tall as it was designed to fit the 7753 and not A7750.

I have been talking with Tanya as he wishes to do the same.

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0719.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

@Mike - perhaps you could also measure the thread needed for the 188 so others can measure their display backs or other backs for potential fit...you might also want to show them the 188 backside with the case open - so they can see how it looks and what the 188 caseback looks like - the ridge and how the gasket sits, etc...

@all - the thought of a display back was a wildass guess on a caseback that might be "thinner" to accomodate the added height of the 7750 into the case...trial and error, i know...

@Pete --> thanks!...

R-

Good point R.

Notice the case back on how the gasket is attached to it (Right side) with 7753. There is no ring in the case itself to hold the gasket.

Always thought the factories just did that because they had a batch of gaskets that were too small to fit the case, but could be put on the back's threading :D A few DSN backs came that way.

Nice 196 case, I like the low strap dimple between the lugs, like the EL cases.

You say you've got a 188 7753, is it the one with a lower bezel than gen? Just asking because my 250 7753 has the thinner bezel, so I was thinking about transferring a higher bezel from another 250 case.

You say you've got a 188 7753, is it the one with a lower bezel than gen? Just asking because my 250 7753 has the thinner bezel, so I was thinking about transferring a higher bezel from another 250 case.

Correct, the 188 w/ 7753 is the lower bezel then the Gen. My 250 w/7753 has the same issue as well. That is why I got the old school cases as they have the correct thickness of bezels.

Don't know if the bezels are interchangeable with the 7753/A7750 cases. Thought I saw on TRC back in the day this was not possible. Same as the case back. If you notice the old school case (196) has a thicker case back as well.