When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Wristie of my WM9 V3 sub

nakortheblue

Just picked it up at the post office where it has languished since 22 Dec.

BK sent it out before he went on vacation but my postman did not bother to drop a notification and I only received a reminder on Mon. :thumbdown:

Sorry for the poor quality, taken on iPhone...

Looks good overall but probably needs a gen insert.

Bracelet is a bit stiff and under-edges a bit sharp but much better than the noob bracelet, probably needs work with WD-40 or chain lube and an emery board.

I wonder if I should shell out for a gen bracelet and risk mismatching SELs.

and yes... I have the wrist of a 9 year old girl. :)

img02111e.jpg

WM9 is in the class of its own. Congrats!

I wouldn't consider the gen bracelet as the new one costs around $700. Just oil the WM9 bracelet and maybe smoothen the edges with a sandpaper... it won't be exactly like the gen bracelet but quite respectable anyway.

Enjoy!

WM9 is in the class of its own. Congrats!

I wouldn't consider the gen bracelet as the new one costs around $700. Just oil the WM9 bracelet and maybe smoothen the edges with a sandpaper... it won't be exactly like the gen bracelet but quite respectable anyway.

Enjoy!

thanks, bt.

yeah... the cost is the major barrier, it costs more than the watch!

i think new ones from rolex come at $1.1k after trade-in.

any sources for cheaper ones?

i'm not a fan of bracelets in general and less so of rep bracelets but this is one of the best bracelets i've had other than the bk wm9 v2 YM.

still, i've owned a gen nd sub before and i'm a bit spoiled so i may just get it and maybe share it with the bk wm9 LV when it arrives. :whistling:

Looks fantastic NB :thumbsupsmileyanim:

A genuine oyster bracelet sure does add to the feel.. but wear it for now and enjoy!!.. I decided against swapping the crystal with a gen I have.. it's that good..

Live Strong and Wear it Well

AC/Lani

What do you mean by "i decided against swappin the crystal with a gen i have.. it's that good"? You swapped with a gen crystal or you didn't?

I have one on the way. What do you think would be the best improvements? Gen insert, gen crystal? Does it need anything else?

kkkldfdggggfgg

kkkldfdggggfgg

[ce

I got my V3 before christmas but I was ordering one month before his relese!

YES it is a supernice watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

BUT I thought that the magnification of the datecyclop would be a little bit more on the sub than the datejust ( compared with my genuine one!) and the explorer II?????

But on some pictures of a genuine sub it varies a bit when looking at the date!

But I think BK is using a 2,75mm gasket instead of the 3,00 mm but it MORE waterproof with the 2,75 mmm gasket I think!

Edited by klocklind1

What do you mean by "i decided against swappin the crystal with a gen i have.. it's that good"? You swapped with a gen crystal or you didn't?

I have one on the way. What do you think would be the best improvements? Gen insert, gen crystal? Does it need anything else?

I think lani found the crystal bk used so good that he did not swap the crystal. I think gen insert will be the way to go. I compared it against my colleague's gen sub and found the pearl too white and opaque such that the metal ring was somewhat obscured wheras the gen pearl has a more translucent look to it.

kkkldfdggggfgg

kkkldfdggggfgg

[ce

I got my V3 before christmas but I was ordering one month before his relese!

YES it is a supernice watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

BUT I thought that the magnification of the datecyclop would be a little bit more on the sub than the datejust ( compared with my genuine one!) and the explorer II?????

But on some pictures of a genuine sub it varies a bit when looking at the date!

But I think BK is using a 2,75mm gasket instead of the 3,00 mm but it MORE waterproof with the 2,75 mmm gasket I think!

hmm... Now that you mentioned it, the date mag seems to be slightly smaller than it should be.

WOW! Looks awesome! Wear it in good health! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Must get me one of those when my current project (IWC 3717 franken) is completed.. No collection is complete without a WM9 sub.. Or any other great looking watch for that matter.. ;)

I know what you mean, when I first got the v2 YM, I broke down and ordered the TT and LV as well for the heck of it.

I think lani found the crystal bk used so good that he did not swap the crystal. I think gen insert will be the way to go. I compared it against my colleague's gen sub and found the pearl too white and opaque such that the metal ring was somewhat obscured wheras the gen pearl has a more translucent look to it.

The genuine bezelinsert has real saffire crystal and 18k white gold round the pearl so You are absolutely right about the bezelinsert !

You MUST have a genuine insert on this beatiful sub!