When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Video of the ETz v5.xx DSSD

asciwhite

Received my DSSD yesteday and thought I would just film it at some angles and stuff for you guys to see. Yes I have shaky hands, yes I did not get the diver extension open. But you will get the jist of the watch I think biggrin.gif

Enjoy! I already made a small ding in it. This thing is kinda big smile.gif ETz used the first v5.0 case and put the rest from the v5.4. Dial print is still slanted sad.gif

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=LjH-SIS5f3c

You are mad as me.......by the on RWI i read that there is a new DSSD ...with new stainless steel that contains a mixture of some uranium and chromium....is this true???

Received my DSSD yesteday and thought I would just film it at some angles and stuff for you guys to see. Yes I have shaky hands, yes I did not get the diver extension open. But you will get the jist of the watch I think biggrin.gif

Enjoy! I already made a small ding in it. This thing is kinda big smile.gif ETz used the first v5.0 case and put the rest from the v5.4. Dial print is still slanted sad.gif But overall I am satisfied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjH-SIS5f3c

Do not think uranium will ever be used in watches...... But there is the new steel grade called 316F, byt there is some serious doubt that the classification is correct....

Guest techlogik

It's a shame they can't get the dial print straight. Ridiculous.

Maybe see if someone can source you another dial? Josh maybe? It is an easy swap to do. Just the three hands come off and back on.

That is how bad the print was on mine, slanted from right to left downward.

You know how this game works. The factory ETz buys from will refuse to fix the error until ALL the dials with crooked print have been sold. The Chinese watch factories have always been like this and I would not expect them to change.

Look at the print on EVERY UPO black/white ... it's knackered and every merchant has to sell them until all the bad dials are sold. There wont be a good blk/wht UPO for months.

Well according to a member..Fersi..on RWI ....i qoute him''Well.... my V6 will be 120% like the gen and with the new chromium/uranium 314FY steel it will be shinnier too....

Do not think uranium will ever be used in watches...... But there is the new steel grade called 316F, byt there is some serious doubt that the classification is correct....

Maybe see if someone can source you another dial? Josh maybe? It is an easy swap to do. Just the three hands come off and back on.

That is how bad the print was on mine, slanted from right to left downward.

I will source myself an "Ultimate" dial from my friend. So the fix will be done. I can not live with the slanted dial crap....

The sapphire is not good...and the pearl looks off center...

The pearl is just a trick of light. It is dead center in real life! What is wrong with the sapphire?

Got a hold of a new "Ultimate" DSSD dial for it. Good thing I just bought handsetters and remover :D Hope my shaky hands can pull the switch.

Found something even more disturbing on my watch!!! The "Original Gas Escape Ring" have RUST on it..... Have sent a mail to ETz to get a new one..... This was a real blow to the face sad.gif

And there is even paint "lumps" in the insert.... I will tell you one thing for sure... ETz have seen the last of me!!!

post-21269-126348902388_thumb.jpg

post-21269-126348903328_thumb.jpg

Guest techlogik

Found something even more disturbing on my watch!!! The "Original Gas Escape Ring" have RUST on it..... Have sent a mail to ETz to get a new one..... This was a real blow to the face sad.gif

And there is even paint "lumps" in the insert.... I will tell you one thing for sure... ETz have seen the last of me!!!

What a shame...I made that decision awhile ago not to do business with them. I have a bezel insert enroute..that is all though.

After I sent them an email way back months ago about the slanted print, they just replied..it is just a minor issue, no big deal?!?!? I was like WTF!!!

Yeah, you could probably fix that rehaut yourself. You need to pop the crystal out, then the rehaut will come out. You can buff the crap off, and repaint the black if needed. Otherwise, you may never get it resolved with ETZ...they are back to their old ways.

I feel for you. I am on my 6 DSSD...seriously...When I get my ultimate back from Rex who fixed the 3135 clone with $80 is ETA parts, I will put the ETZ bezel insert on and be done with it. My other is with Vac getting lume/service. That one is going bye-bye.

Oh..another note, that rehaut is wrong. The crown should be dead center on the 12 marker, then the E should be just to the right of the 12 marker. it looks like the crown and E are nearly over top of each other, which isn't right.

Maybe ETZ can get you another one that is engraved better. Very hard to see that though, just being really picky!

Good luck with this. Keep us updated on what ETZ says in this thread and the any progress you make.

The pearl is just a trick of light. It is dead center in real life! What is wrong with the sapphire?

Got a hold of a new "Ultimate" DSSD dial for it. Good thing I just bought handsetters and remover :D Hope my shaky hands can pull the switch.

Cool if the pearl is good...

The sapphire distortion problem has been well documented on the V5.

I have the orig. V3 and the crystal is much closer to the Gen.

Enjoy! I already made a small ding in it. This thing is kinda big smile.gif ETz used the first v5.0 case and put the rest from the v5.4. Dial print is still slanted sad.gif But overall I am satisfied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjH-SIS5f3c

Thanks :thumbsupsmileyanim: ! But the slanted dial print is really bad :thumbdown: