When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

About to start modding new josh/trusty 1665...questions...

itreeman

DSC07353.jpg

Ok, so I bought one of the new all white 1665's from Trusty and I want to lightly mod it. I know there are mixed views about this watch as some don't like it but others think it's a great value at $200. I have been wearing it for about a week now and I actually like the watch...PLUS I got the $98 version so I think it's an AMAZING value. :victory:

Anyway, I am getting ready to send the watch to have the lugholes enlarged by another member and I have a couple questions.

1) What diameter are the lug holes supposed to be? and are they the SAME diameter on the vintage 1665, 1680, etc AND the newer 16610 (with lug holes) and 14060 (with lug holes)?? etc...

2) What size / model number spring bars do I need to source? and are they the SAME diameter on the vintage 1665, 1680, etc AND the newer 16610 (with lug holes) and 14060 (with lug holes)?? etc...

3) The inside of the end links that came with my watch have 2 small rings soldered to them (see pic below)...is this something that the gens have? The reason I ask is because the small rings are the exact diameter of the included springbars and if the new/gen springbars are larger diameter they will not fit these rings. (the rings are paper thin so I don't think they could be opened up) I'm wondering if I could just do away with them all together.

DSC07351.jpg

Couple more shots of the watch...

DSC07352.jpg

DSC07350.jpg

Thanks in advance for all input!

Edited by itreeman

Snap-On Tools makes a #55 cobalt drill bit which most people use for drilling the lugholes. Maybe it's 1.3mm. It might be that the gen holes are just slightly larger than 1.2mm or even 1.2mm for that matter. But who can see 1/10th of a millimeter?

Rolex springbars are 2mm, but once again the ends are around 1.2mm- you can buy them on ebay, or from yukiwatch

You may have to get different end pieces, but get the sprinbars first and then see. Wholesaleoutlet990 sells rep 580 end pieces for not too much.

You'll also have to enlarge the holes in the end of the bracelet to fit the 2mm springbars. Helps to have a drill press, vice, and a 2mm bit.

Same springbars and bracelets for 5513/1665/1680/16800/16610 early/14060- 93150 bracelet. 580 ends for 5513/1665early/1680

585 for later 1665, 593 for 16800, 501B for early 16610 and I think also 14060.

Those end links will not work with genuine Rolex springbars. Rolex are a shade over 2mm in diameter. Not sure the ends of the 93150 bracelet will work either with the genuine springbars.You can PM offshore, about springbars. i believe he has springbars that have the correct diameter ends to look like Rolex springbars, but the internal diameter is small enough to use with Replica bracelets.Genuine 19350 w/ correct endlinks will set you back anywhere from 450.00 USD to 800.00 USD depending on condition and luck! Not sure if the "good" rep bracelets from yuki, ETZ, etc will accept genuine, PM them to find out.

A dial/hand relume with a slightly aged patina would make it look a lot better. I don't know why the rep manufacturers use this silly yellow color, but it isn't accurate and is asure "tell" from 20 feet away.

Arthur