When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6152 Angelus dials

madasboot

G. asked me what projects i have running.

They are two.

Both for friends abroad.

Kruzer (W.) and Skcheng (S.), these are for you.

I apologize for the time it took to restart but you both know that i couldnt do it earlier.

I thank you for all your care and calls. You have been helping me more than you know.

At least I got some decent photos of the dials.

They were made with more care than i would have for myself or my projects.

Ross did the hardest part: brilliant constructed dials!

I did the rest.

best,

M.

post-411-126348781104_thumb.jpg

post-411-126348784066_thumb.jpg

post-411-126348785384_thumb.jpg

Dials are nice.

Do you plane to do it with gen thickness ?

It's what i will acheive next week (if all work as i plane as high unitas wheel i have made are yet not tested with rning movement).

And put a resin or plexi insert ?

I also work on plexi insert this time but hard to find correct thin piece.

Hi G.

Resin is a [censored] to work with. I used laser cut plexi discs 1mm thick.

Please tell me the thickness you need and i will source a sheet of it for you.

best,

M.

Looks great, M! I've been looking at the photos for a while - at first they looked like the back plate was brass, but the design looks like the first generation steel ones. Which dial is it, out of curiosity? The steel ones were my first attempt, and in terms of dial thickness (total 1.3mm), was probably as close to the genuine dials as we've seen (later dials were thinner out of convenience for vintage builds!).

Great to see you back on these forums, you've injected some life in to the place and once I find the time, I'll definetly finish some projects and share with old friends. Hopefully we'll get the chance to catch up again soon, it was great to meet you last year.

Looks great, M! I've been looking at the photos for a while - at first they looked like the back plate was brass, but the design looks like the first generation steel ones. Which dial is it, out of curiosity? The steel ones were my first attempt, and in terms of dial thickness (total 1.3mm), was probably as close to the genuine dials as we've seen (later dials were thinner out of convenience for vintage builds!).

Great to see you back on these forums, you've injected some life in to the place and once I find the time, I'll definetly finish some projects and share with old friends. Hopefully we'll get the chance to catch up again soon, it was great to meet you last year.

Hi R.

I just finished reading your PM and it filled me with joy!

I too look forward to meet you again so i can congratulate you personally on all the 2009's achievements!

As for the dials yes... they are the ones you offered me for the projects i have in hands...

plexi sandwiched them and used a tape i found applied on the foundations of one of our buildings and oh boy... it glows like a torch!

I think W. and S. will have to sleep with night goggles on! they will never bump on the way to the bathroom again! :)

G. gave me a wild idea and I talked to my engraver who told me he could carve a plexi roundlet with a depth of 3/10mm making it like the original resin mid layer on the below photos...

Assuming that the top layer is of your whole responsability and art (as well as the lower layer)... would you be brave enough to produce a resin 1 2/10mm mid layer and my engraver would do the dirty job? :)

A big cheers to you R.!

post-411-126358829859_thumb.jpg

post-411-1263588329_thumb.jpg

Great to see you back on these forums, you've injected some life in to the place

Couldn't agree more with Ross's statement. Been a fan of your vintage Pam's and the talent that go with it to make them

And the engraved mid plexi would be a great leap forward with these dials. Hope you can share the results on the forum when they are done.