When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1608 Miles Apart: The Story of Two 1675s GMT Masters from the 1960s

Pre V

1.jpg

I knew that I was looking for a Pepsi, so was my good friend in Hong Kong.

Just so happened on 7th January 2010, that both of us were just conversing on MSN about which ones to get. So here I was, 1608 miles away down under, telling him that a collector here had a Radial for sale. He was stoked, as was I. Who don't fancy Rarities such as a Radial 1675? I know I do and Googling for a Radial and sourcing for information ain't the easiest task.

After a few phone calls made, the deal was sealed for his 1968 Radial - "small indices away from the minute markers - exact numbers unknown". This was in the morning.

23.jpg

During the same night, I chanced upon a 1966 GMT Master in Hong Kong with creamy indices - not too bad looking for a 40+ yr old watch so I snagged it. I did not know it was going to be on the same night but certainly this was the most coincidental acquisition whereby I purchased one in HK, and he purchased his from where I was.

Pictured below - a metres first 5513 from 67' and Radial 1675.

18.jpg

12.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

Thanks for reading, the Radial is indeed a beauty in person...and certainly one variation that I will be hunting down in my vintage questing. Now a 6542 Tropical is calling.....this never ends, does it?