When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I have a new favourite

sander

I while ago I saw a Franck Muller Vegas and I was really surprised about the quality of it.

The guy ordered it last year from King so I also gave it a try.

I never ordered from her before but I must say it was a real pleasure to deal with her.

For me she was very helpful and amazingly fast with her communication.

It took only 1 week to arrive but unfortunately it came with a broken crystal sad.gif

I contacted her and she promised me to send me a completely new watch free of charge.

Within a week I received it and I must say that this was the best service I have seen in this business so far.

Anyway, back to the watch.

What can you expect of a $ 100,- watch?

Well first of all it looked really good. The dial is pretty close to the gen and also the case looks pretty good.

The engraving on the back is also better than expected. Nicely deep and sharp.

Uhhhh

post-9210-126374047337_thumb.jpg

post-9210-126374048609_thumb.jpg

post-9210-126374050066_thumb.jpg

post-9210-126374051486_thumb.jpg

post-9210-126374053455_thumb.jpg

post-9210-126374054409_thumb.jpg

post-9210-126374056841_thumb.jpg

post-9210-126374057731_thumb.jpg

post-9210-126374058754_thumb.jpg

post-9210-126374059726_thumb.jpg

looks great, congratulations! i wish i could do little mods like this. my father has a crazy hours that is fun to see work. and fyi, king is my dealer of choice.

Trust me wheaton, you can do little mods like this. Does your father has the gen one or the rep one?

@ letibjorn: sorry man I have to kill you if I tell....

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats. per usual your work looks great. The Vegas was one of two Mullers back in the day that you could get dials for and make into really a good rep. The old school smaller conquistador with ETA 2892 was the other. By the way the roulette mechanism is every bit as good on the rep as on the gen. I actually sat in a meeting with a client who is also a long time friend and he was wearing the gen in gold. He let me play with for a while. And yes, he had bought it after a good night in Vegas. :lol:

And although I can't remember the exact details the wisdom when they originally came out a few years ago was to buy two different models and combine the parts. One actually takes the dial perfectly but has an inferior case back and crown. The other has a good case back, crown and some other better parts. Even buying both and a gen dial you are into it for $300 or so if I remember correctly.

• 1 month later...

and is the scala in the middle for showing the date? how dos it work on the rep?

I think the central display is a roulette complication: you press the crown pusher and the center hand turns to a 'random' number. At least that is what it does in the GEN.

BTW great watch and good work on the lugs!

• 1 month later...

Sander, just wanted to revive the thread to tell you that the CORRECT Vegas caseback can be found in the Totally Crazy Hours rep, silly Chinese, lol. So you'll need to buy one of those TCH and swap case-backs with the 5850CH you have on now.

784d168d.jpg

Edited by guanaco