When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 6263 pushers vs Ofrei pushers

gplracer

The (steel) pushers sold by Ofrei are the same components that Rolex currently supplies (I am sure that Rolex uses a much higher quality gold on theirs). That is the reason I always like to replace the original DW parts with them.

I'm confused! "The steel pushers......are the same Rolex currently supplies". And "Rolex uses a much higher quality gold". Are they steel or gold?

Are you talking about white gold or did you mean higher quality steel?

I'm interested because I have a DW 6263 that supposedly has gen pushers. I have no idea how to tell the difference.

The OP did not specify steel or gold, so I added the notation regarding gold.

Ofrei's non-screw steel pushers are what I use & they are the same as the pushers sold by Rolex in Rolex packaging. Similarly, Ofrei's screw-style steel pushers are the same as some sold by Rolex. However, Rolex uses at least 2 different style screw pushers that I am aware of & I have only ever seen 1 style on Ofrei's site (you will need to research the details yourself as it is impossible to explain the differences without detailed pics of all of them).

As for gold, the components of the non-screw pushers are, again, the same as Rolex's, but Rolex applies their own gold plating, which I am sure is considerably more robust than Ofrei's.

I'm interested because I have a DW 6263 that supposedly has gen pushers. I have no idea how to tell the difference.

The only way to tell for sure is to disassemble them. If the components in your pushers look this, then they are gen/Ofrei. If not, then they are probably not gen (ignore the red highlight)

ofrei_pusher_assy.jpg

Since the pictures are still showing on TRC, I thought I'd bring them over here. The grooving is quite noticeably different on the gen, as is the color of the metal. It also shows the two different types of pushers that you mentioned, Freddy.

DW:

156_5629.jpg

Genuine:

6263pandas26zu.jpg

There are actually 3 different styles of Oyster pushers for 62xx Daytonas. The 2 I was referring to are what Rolex still has available as replacements. The original Oyster pushers have not been made/available for many years. Ofrei's pushers look like those on the gen on the right in the last pic.