When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Number Two For Today

swdivad

Thanks V... It is a nice strap, but expensive as hell for what it is :blink:

It was meant for these PVDs, but the funny thing is that the buckle is more of a galvanized look rather than PVD, it's shiny, unfinished, and pretty ordinary looking... I guess that's what we're paying for.

I would say that the buckle I bought from you is better finish & quality :blink:

The Dirk strap fits the 195 like a glove. Compliment each other! Looks awesome. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yes, the color is just right... But this is not a Dirk... It's a Panerai Pre V strap, the ones Dirk was made famous for and I believe what caused all the legal problems with E

Yes, the color is just right... But this is not a Dirk... It's a Panerai Pre V strap, the ones Dirk was made famous for and I believe what caused all the legal problems with E

I got an impression that is a Dirk NOS Pre-V strap 'cos I had the exact same strap as yours which I got directly from Milan. It has the 'Panerai Original Kodiak' stamped on the strap as well as the galvanised buckle. I remembered there was a big hoohah about where Milan got this 'NOS' from & if in fact Dirk did made them because apparently he had a whole bunch of them and was selling to the masses (I believe he still them in stock). Politics aside, you gotta admit this is indeed a badass strap for a badass watch! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I got an impression that is a Dirk NOS Pre-V strap 'cos I had the exact same strap as yours which I got directly from Milan. It has the 'Panerai Original Kodiak' stamped on the strap as well as the galvanised buckle. I remembered there was a big hoohah about where Milan got this 'NOS' from & if in fact Dirk did made them because apparently he had a whole bunch of them and was selling to the masses (I believe he still them in stock). Politics aside, you gotta admit this is indeed a badass strap for a badass watch! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Well, I am not *exactly* sure what they are... This is from the email description I received:

These rarities that I am offering are NOS Panerai 2nd generation Pre-Vendome straps and buckles. The NOS straps were executed by instructions of Panerai in connection to the “SlyTech project” (officially known “PROGETTO SLYTECH PANERAI”). These straps (approximately 4,500 pieces) should have been mounted on watches projected for the years 1997/1998/1999/2000 made under the “old” Panerai company. Unfortunately due to financial issues and with the subsequent takeover of the “old” Panerai by Cartier/Vendome Group (later on the Richmond conglomerate) the project was scrapped and the majority of projected stock remained unsold. The current Vendome Panerai decided not produce this kind of historic strap and the rest, same as these straps, is history. I was fortunate enough to stumble into some of this “lost stock” .

These are indeed the designs what later on Dirk copied and was made famous by.

I would like to believe that above is what it is, but everyone has their marketing spin and there's also a sucker born every minute... And the price goes along with the story... Sort of like Panerai watches :blink:

To tell the truth, it doesn't seem like an extremely special strap per se, although the leather, work, and stitching is top notch.. The buckle is pretty average and is not the PVD or DLC I am used to:

The buckle is process callled PVD glavanized (ionnizato) which differes from DLC. It is probably less dark but doesn't get scratched as easy.

It is a nice color... it goes very well with the PVD PAMs... I am waiting for a PAM 026 from Davidsen, I hope the dial will be very nice with the T type patina.

Another great strap that goes with these watches (maybe even better than this one) is the Europelli natural baseball strap... These are also thick and even much softer :thumbsupsmileyanim: They're also $60-80 cheaper and will develop a beautiful patina in time.

The Pre Vs will remain this color, probably for a very long time... Glad you guys like it!! :yu: