When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 4030 VS Zenith 400 Comparison

jmarin.72

I have stumbled across this extended and fully informational comparison in an Italian master watchmaker's web site and i though i should share this with you

It contains a lot of side to side pics with all the parts of a ZENITH EL PRIMERO 400 and a ROLEX 4030 ENGINE.

Enjoy!!!

http://www.orologeria.com/italiano/rivista/rivista19.htm

Actually it's a comparison of the Zenith 400 and the Rolex 4030 showing the mods Rolex made to the Zenith movement. This movement was used in the Daytona 16520 series. The 4130 was later and was developed exclusively by Rolex.

You are right Alligoat,i just realized that!!!thanks for pointing this out mate

Cheers

Quite interesting to see how much rework Rolex does to change the 400 into a 4030! Not only in surface finishing, but also in completely different parts altogether.

The one characteristic that I do prefer with the standard El Primero is the 36000a/h beat rate. Aside from that, the 4030 is a nicer, more refined movement (in my opinion).

None the less, I'm quite content with my basic EP400 engine in my Daytona...

IMG_4495.jpg

:)

Quite interesting to see how much rework Rolex does to change the 400 into a 4030! Not only in surface finishing, but also in completely different parts altogether.

The one characteristic that I do prefer with the standard El Primero is the 36000a/h beat rate. Aside from that, the 4030 is a nicer, more refined movement (in my opinion).

None the less, I'm quite content with my basic EP400 engine in my Daytona...

IMG_4495.jpg

:)

:drinks: