When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOH movement swap question

tko

Hey guys...

Just picked up a nice V2 SOH. I was contemplating a gen ETA swap. I believe it's 2824-2 that would fit it, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to stuff like this, and was wondering if the swap was straightforward? Everything I've read here and on RG is that there shouldn't be any issues.

So my question is, does it matter if the movement that is going to be swapped in has the date at 3 instead of 6? (SOH has the date at 6) Can the watchsmith just align it so it would work or do I need a specific 2824-2, that has the date change at 6?

Will the hands and and case fit with the new movement? Can I re-use the crown etc?

Thanks in advance...

The SOH V2 already has a 2824 movement inside - be it a clone, but it's a 2824. From what i read, they're just as good as the ETA version.

However, if you do want to swap for the ETA version - everything will fit fine - hands, movement, dial, etc. However, you will need to have your watch smith to swap date discs from the Asian clone to the ETA movement.

Yup. All good. Concur with triplehd. Only addition from me is to address your question about the date location....doesn't matter. Since you will swap over the rep date wheel anyway it doesn't matter which 2824-2 configuration you get, that only changes the datewheel that get installed to the movement by the factory. Mechanically the same.