When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona Movement?

RolexSigEp

There are quartz movements with more thicks per sec, even smooth sweep (no thicks at all). Citizen has such a movement... don't know any caliber numbers, im not into quartz. However i think the possibility for any of such movements could function as a daytona secs at 6 movement is pretty much non existant.

IMG_0286smaller.jpg

This is an interesting watch, seconds at 6 and been running for over a decade, smooth sweep on the large chrono, Not sure if it would be good for any possible mod for a daytona, the main problem is this is a gen Breitling quartz. when I say smooth chrono I mean very smooth, better than my 28800 rolex gmt 2c.

Hmmmm... I haven't seen any quartz movements that perform in this capacity; at least not with seconds at 6:00. I've heard of mega quartz movements like the Omega 1310; I think these sweep pretty smoothly? Otherwise, movements like the Bulova tuning fork movements also operate in this manner, but I don't know that there are any with subsidiary seconds at 6:00...

:g:

Thanks for the input guys. I keep trying to get a GOOD RELIABLE rep!! lol PWC sells them to a customer who orders 1000 at a time and doesn't sell them to anybody else, I've tried. El Primero project would just be too much money for me so looks like I'm gonna keep waiting and hopefully they come out with an alternative movement sometime??