When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

James Bond 6538 Big Brevet Crown Sub

aeromatic

Here's a side profile shot of my big crown Nanuq. Correct bezel height of the gen 6538 is somewhat taller than that of the '36:

nice shot of your big crown! question whats the correct thickness of a tropic 17 crystal? found mine a little thin well not as thick as my tropic 19- 5512!

Edited by aeromatic

Stunning! She is beautiful!

I want a vintage Rolex on Nato after viewing this one :p

Take care of her :victory:

Thanks powershot i will take care of her! i have otherwatches on steel straps but this watch looks great on a nylon strap!

Stunning, just beautiful. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As a matter of fact, this will be my next project.

Just curiosity, how big is your crown, 7mm or 8mm & how do you find the quality of the overall case?

Hi There ck5533 thank you! look forward to seeing your new project and good luck! i have never measured the crown my self yukiwatch has it as 7.5mm

but it looks more like 8mm to me! its big! the case i found it to be perfect after checking it with a lobe one of the best i have seen every thing fitted with ease this is very important thats why i bought all parts from the same dealer buying parts from different dealers is risky parts may or may not fit together well. thanks again!

@JJ, I can't see your pic ... is it still online? Gotta see this beauty in profile!

Its still on line! i hope it is so when im not wearing it i can see it on RWG! Aeromatic!!!

post-27094-126479280464_thumb.jpgpost-27094-12647929527_thumb.jpg[quote name='ck5533'

As a matter of fact, this will be my next project.

Just curiosity, how big is your crown, 7mm or 8mm & how do you find the quality of the overall case?

Edited by aeromatic

Hi There ck5533 thank you! look forward to seeing your new project and good luck! i have never measured the crown my self yukiwatch has it as 7.5mm

but it looks more like 8mm to me! its big! the case i found it to be perfect after checking it with a lobe one of the best i have seen every thing fitted with ease this is very important thats why i bought all parts from the same dealer buying parts from different dealers is risky parts may or may not fit together well. thanks again!

hello ck we have just measured the brevet yuki crown i was correct it is 8mm not 7.50mm

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by aeromatic

Once again, a lovely watch from Aeromatic.

May yuki be blessed fo his parts. Altho quite pricey, he makes some of the rarest vintage watches possible for awesome frankens.

:clap3:

Thank you crab and hello there :thumbsupsmileyanim: i second that there yep yuki sure makes some rare stuff! at the moment tryin different straps on her, it stands out from my other watches iv forgot how much it cost! well almost! :victory:

im looking forward to a yuki tudor no date next project! aeromatic!!!

[quote name='aeromatic'

Can anyone offer advice on how to reduce my photos so that they can be seen without having to scroll?

Edited by aeromatic

I am so jealous. I wish some of the dealers take some time to start a 6538 project with factories that would be be cheaper than $2500 :whistling:

Hi docdoc i agree with you i tried to get some of them interested i even asked trusty and sent him detailed photos but he replied that the factory havent made this watch yet because they dont have a gen to work from , the nearest to it is the mbw/mbk on eurotimez around 370usd but they dont have the brevet writing on the crown and a generic crown will cost about 300usd so not that cheap! i wanted to build a brown guilt dial 6536 but cant afford to spend 2500 on a second project.

aeromatic