When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

James Bond 6538 Big Brevet Crown Sub

aeromatic

This Story started when i was ten years old and glued to the big screen,re-showing Goldfinger! the highlights of this bond movie, lets see there was that hat,the golden naked lady,the aston martin,and the scene that captured my attention was that close up shot of bonds rolex.

With the internet i started realizing that i wasent the only one that loved the bond rolex, after finding that prices of gen 6538s were way out of my price range and rare,i was unable to find a correct looking replica.

Then i found yukiwatch who could supply me with case,dial,handset i had to sell my large collection of reps to finance this project! my bond strap from corvus watches which i modified by cutting the steel keepers and making a cloth keeper as worn by sean connery,then when the parts arrived, i thought i have to find a real 1030 rolex movement i haunted ebay for weeks!

After being out bid twice,i asked yukiwatch if he knew of anyone who had 1030 rolex movement,and was suprised he had one so i could complete this lifelong quest for a jb 6538 watch! Please excuse my photos i will have to replace my camera!

First three photos (parts) were taken by yukiwatch! i wish to thank them for suppling parts for my dream watch!

post-27094-126426003533_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126426037636_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126426064351_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126425855341_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126425873857_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126425901131_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126425921206_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126425940084_thumb.jpgpost-27094-12642595519_thumb.jpg

Edited by aeromatic

Hey AEROMATIC man your rolly is eccellent..(yeah..tell me about it).I have a few good replicas myself that i fully modified to better water resisting n better looking rolexes.I am a big lover of vintage rollys but..like u said,u have to mortgage your house to get a beauty like the one u r wearing.If u r wondering who is sending this..........IT'S ME MAN...

great....the watch is stunning. i'm not a big fan of the vintage rlxs, but for this one i'd become a thief^^. very nice build...and a great story behind it. congrats^^

Thank You StormFather for the appreciations! oh and when its not on my wrist its locked up in a thick steel safe! Even bond cant force it open!

Nice to meet you!

Nice one, what was the total cost if you dont mind me asking

Hi There fxrAndy nice to know you, total cost was around $2500 usd not including the western union payment fees.

and a watchmakers labour costs, this was for gen 1030 rolex movement,6538 case, with the brevet big crown,none 15 minute graduation,bezel,gloss guilt dial, golden handset,and a brevet riveted braclet, these were supplied by yukiwatch

and the bond correct colour nylon strap was supplied by the corvus watch company

Edited by aeromatic

Hey AEROMATIC man your rolly is eccellent..(yeah..tell me about it).I have a few good replicas myself that i fully modified to better water resisting n better looking rolexes.I am a big lover of vintage rollys but..like u said,u have to mortgage your house to get a beauty like the one u r wearing.If u r wondering who is sending this..........IT'S ME MAN...

Hi There my friendly watchmaker! thank you for appreciations you will have to post photos of your great modified/custom made vintage rolexes reps

and i loved your bezel pearl creations very close to the gen pearl ,so we dont have to worry about loosing our pearls<(that sounds great) i know this happens on gen vintage rolex

It's sad, but I must have purchased 5 or 6 watches because of their (or they just happen to have a) relation to 007 movies (UPO on rubber, SMP, Sub, CG-free vintage sub with Bond NATO. Recently, I got a Gen Hamilton X-wind, which was worn by Felix Leiter in QoS.

Sometimes I wonder if this would have happened if I hadn't got that DUI while on my way to Army Counterintelligence School. :wounded1:

Regardless, your watch looks outstanding.

It's sad, but I must have purchased 5 or 6 watches because of their (or they just happen to have a) relation to 007 movies (UPO on rubber, SMP, Sub, CG-free vintage sub with Bond NATO. Recently, I got a Gen Hamilton X-wind, which was worn by Felix Leiter in QoS.

Sometimes I wonder if this would have happened if I hadn't got that DUI while on my way to Army Counterintelligence School. :wounded1:

Regardless, your watch looks outstanding.

Thank you for appreciations Chipslap!i have also a rep 5512/3 like roger moore wore in the man with the golden gun i like old watches and own some watches from the 40s and 50s !

JJ, can you PM me details and a price for your gen bezel?

Aero, that's a GREAT build! Nicely done!

Thanks Nanuq for the appreciations!

Very nice! I've got a gen 6538 bezel if you might be interested

JJ

Thank you J0J035 for the appreciations!i dont have plans at the moment for buying a gen bezel insert (i have to recover in the bank!) first after my project!

but i would like to see a photo and price thanks again!

That really is a quality build, pure class :good: Congratulations indeed on such a fine project :victory:

Thank You TeeJay for your appreciations! yes this watch has a class look about it and stands out from my other watches, goes well with a tux!

look great on a steel riveted strap too!