When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

RE: TT Anni GMT SS Black Best Version

smbc

Hello All,

Does anyone know anything about the new gold plating process they are using on rolex reps?

Here is what it is described as:

"Thick and Longlasting Yellow Gold Plating .. ( Similar to DLC Process.. Very long lasting..5 times more lasting than Conventional Plating )"

Here is the link: http://www.trustywatchguy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=5758&zenid=c8e9822464dd680705f8b6f207e3f84e

Any help is much appreciated as I plan to buy this watch. Also, is there any place to pick up a TT rolex band that doesn't have naked side walls?

Thanks.

This is marketing hype. If the watch is being plated with gold it can not be more durable than other reps plated with gold. Only the thickness of the plating will determine its durability. The thicker the plating the more durable it will be. Do not be taken in by this kind of marketing hype.

I posted this on another thread, but I will reiterate here. I recently purchased one from Josh (with ETA movement). http://www.perfect-hour.com/rlgt00088-anni-black-asia-3186-serials-p-8039.html

The finish of the gold plating is fantastic and looks very convincing. it is visually stunning....but more importantly...the movement is DEAD accurate. I set the watch via US atomic clock...and after 4 days...the watch is DEAD accurate. I mean it hasn't gained or lost a single second!! The GMT hand is set to London +5 and it moves around the face accurately. I thought the IHS had to be manually adjusted and wouldn't move around the watch like the CHS. I am very impressed with this watch. I get at least 3 compliments a day at work on this watch...it looks that good!

Also...if the gold plating eventually wears off the braclet (most likely from wear and tear)...look online for a real 18K and stainless braclet and replace. I found one online for $600. it is a replacement braclet, but doesn't have the crown. Swap the safety clasp to the new one and you're all set.

Edited by DrJerry