When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vc overseas

watch7

Suppose you have a gen dial, which case would you go for?

Would the gen dial fit in any of the cases available?

Gen date window VS ETA datewheel?

If you can find a gen dial (a feat on itself) you will need to make a few mods, not matter what case. From what I've heard the cartel version is better for this kind of mod then Silix.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the old version - i.e. the one folks around here argue is the best...i take no credit for the mods, as the watch was previously owned by dluddy...

mine is loaded: Chieftang double AR, correct clasp (as Lani pointed out), swiss movement (standard on this model), and a cross transplant...this model as it came from the dealer had a tiny cross...the silix version of the watch had a "better" cross - better sized, etc...so the silix cross was transplanted onto this dial...

as Lani said - what makes this piece is a lot of various elements - but the bracelet is truly a piece of art...as is the caseback on the older models...the best version, as the pix below will show, has incredible detail on the ship - check out the side ports for the cannons...

these aren't in the wild any more...the only thing you can do is hope for a sale...and get lucky...very lucky...

and no...it's not for sale...doubt it will ever be...but if i ever tire of it, it will go back to DL...

R-

vco3amedium.jpg

vco3medium.jpg

vco2medium.jpg

vco4medium.jpg

vco5medium.jpg

wow1 it looks great. love the position of the date at 4 1\2 on these beauties :wub:

The VC Overseas is a gorgeous watch. One of my favorites. The bracelet really makes the watch. As for the details re:beveled date window and cross, etc., it's truly not noticeable to anyone but us. I'm not sure an AD would even notice unless you mentioned it first.

I don't think the DW is that much of a problem but the rest of the dial is. Problems are:

[*]3-6-9-12 numbers are too small and don't have the same finish as the gen

[*]the guilloch

• 1 month later...

For what it's worth, the new bracelet belongs on the new model...i don't even think it will fit the old overseas version....also, the style is completely different as the new bracelet is designed as one with the watch itself...

And for those of you shopping for the overseas, I have just received the new version and it's spot on, except for the date window (and the AR which is never right)....i have never seen a rep with the correct date window, so, please let me know if you find one ( or a gen dial)

Thanks!

For what it's worth, the new bracelet belongs on the new model...i don't even think it will fit the old overseas version....also, the style is completely different as the new bracelet is designed as one with the watch itself...

And for those of you shopping for the overseas, I have just received the new version and it's spot on, except for the date window (and the AR which is never right)....i have never seen a rep with the correct date window, so, please let me know if you find one ( or a gen dial)

Thanks!

When you say you go the new version - which one and where?

I am not going to promote the VC seller since the one I purchased arrived missing the lume on the #9 position...when I requested an exchange (as per their warranty) I was ignored....I will say, in my months of research of the reps prior to purchase ( I should have put as much time researching the sellers!), it seems to me, there are only three manufacturers...I am basing that on the serial numbers on the back...I got the one ending with 322. No cannon holes in the ship on the back, but I have never seen a gen and don't know if this is there or not. Otherwise, the date window is really the only issue for me... they can be re-lumed easily. Also, mine has the gold 2836-1 movement, but I don't mind that so much.

Has anyone tried to file the date window at an angle?...don't know that i'm daring enough.