When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The "series" in PAM?

Limestone

Hello mate

Funny I asked this exact question when I started on here as I struggled to find it. Heres the link that helps explain it. Seems appropriate I should answer ;)

But we aint got to S yet :D

http://www.paneraiso...bers.shtml#year

Everything before these dates is referred to as the Pre-V (pre - vendome) models before that is historic. Pre-V refers to before the take over of OP by Richemont.

I have a .xls with all the caracteristics of each pam ( dial, subdial, OP & BB/PB number, if cg, case, bezel is polished, brushed, Ti) etc... I found it on RWI & i know it's Unregistred that update it recently.

Here is a screenshot for the 111: http://img688.images...41/pamtable.jpg

Yes thats a good source for specific models heres the files Unreg updated

Heres the info on the link

Case(?) Number

This number varies from watch to watch and is often duplicated but seems to indicate a particular style of case. Paneristi.com states that this may have to do with the location of manufacture as well.

Serial Number

This is the serial number of the watch, and incriments with production. The newer the watch, the higher the number.

Year Designator

Panerai watches are dated by a letter that appears before the production number. The watch shown in the example above is an 'I' production year, which is approximately 2006. The following are the approximate years of production that the letter indicates:

No Letter - 1997

A - 1998

B - 1999

C - 2000

D - 2001

E - 2002

F - 2003

G - 2004

H - 2005

I - 2006

J - 2007

K - 2008

L - 2009

M - 2010

Production Number

If the watch is from F series or later, this indicates the production number of this particular watch for a designated year. The above example is 354 of 1000, which means that 1000 Black dialed PAM250 Daylight Chronos were produced in that year and this is number 354.

If the watch is from A to E series, then this indicates the production number of all dial and case variations of a particular watch. So if the example was 354 of 1000 for an E series base Luminor, it would mean that all base Luminors (White dial, Black dial, PVD, Brushed, Polished, etc) had a total production of 1000.

Yup, both have sandwich dials, had me fooled for a minute though.

And that spreadsheet though updated by me (and yes I need to do the more recent update with the recent announcements) was originally created and maintained by sssurfer so all credit goes to him for everything.

Edited by unregistered

Yup, both have sandwich dials, had me fooled for a minute though.

And that spreadsheet though updated by me (and yes I need to do the more recent update with the recent announcements) was originally created and maintained by sssurfer so all credit goes to him for everything.

That was my remember for reading it on RWI, but i hope i will be able to thank him too, when RWI will be on again :)