When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

customised vintage rolex rep submariner

aeromatic

Hi crab thanks mabe my friend (george loiz)will find time away from his projects to thank you himself! yes this is not meant to represent a vintage rolly in orginal factory state, this is a customised watch like a custom/hot rod car! there are classic car restorers and hotrodders mostly they dont mix but i bend both ways i can appreciate a great franken made to look like the gen and a customised watch i would consider putting in a custom made dial without any rolex markings my friend has made a awsome black dial with white markers! :victory:

I hate dates...(not the fruit,not dating women)...but date windows on diving watches.They happen to destroy the whole appearance of the dial...besides...who wants to know what date is...37 meters under water, when the only thing that matters down there, is the 40 minutes of oxygen that support you from not dying from asphyxiation. Take my word...i know.Thats why i build my own timekeepers with simple,good vision,well read under water dials...ETA movements and extra gasketing.Good reps have eccellent cases so...it's not the case,it's the sealing that counts.Give my regards to CRAB who liked my work.Thank u 2...AEROMATIC

I hate dates...(not the fruit,not dating women)...but date windows on diving watches.They happen to destroy the whole appearance of the dial...besides...who wants to know what date is...37 meters under water, when the only thing that matters down there, is the 40 minutes of oxygen that support you from not dying from asphyxiation. Take my word...i know.Thats why i build my own timekeepers with simple,good vision,well read under water dials...ETA movements and extra gasketing.Good reps have eccellent cases so...it's not the case,it's the sealing that counts.Give my regards to CRAB who liked my work.Thank u 2...AEROMATIC

Hello George loiz point taken! your welcome! but dates on subs transformed the submariner from a tool watch to a bleep,bleep,bleep watch!

actually i own a few date subs reps too. how about making me a red submariner no date dial? love the red sub with a thick cystal

like on your comex! and i wouldent part with my fave vintage gmt pepsi, but my fave vintage sub reps no dates are something else as you said clean appearance! hey find that old lum paint of yours ( hope its not still radio active?)i will be coming down your workshop, i want to re-lum my 1665 comex dial ,mabe do my 5513 too! :bangin: aeromatic!

Edited by aeromatic

Hello George loiz point taken! your welcome! but dates on subs transformed the submariner from a tool watch to a bleep,bleep,bleep watch!

actually i own a few date subs reps too. how about making me a red submariner no date dial? love the red sub with a thick cystal

like on your comex! and i wouldent part with my fave vintage gmt pepsi, but my fave vintage sub reps no dates are something else as you said clean appearance! hey find that old lum paint of yours ( hope its not still radio active?)i will be coming down your workshop, i want to re-lum my 1665 comex dial ,mabe do my 5513 too! :bangin: aeromatic!

Any time AEROMATIC but...to be safe...wear your antiradioactive suit...just in case...oh...bring your voodoo doll n some pins n nails to cast out bad spirits...u know what i mean

It's great that George is able to custominze his own watches to make what he feels is a cool watch. His execution doesn't really fit my tastes but great to see more creations like this.

Hello gavidoc i know what you mean,actually he has his eye on a new rep from eurortimez that i think he will not touch at all the perfect rep mabe! george is an excellent watch maker or should i say technician, at the moment he is making a solid gold crown for a customer on a gold rolex datejust in fact all the local watchshop/jewellers have used his talents when they needed a crystal or a hard to find stem when a part cant be found localy he gets to work and in no time he has made the part.i suppose its a bit like doing a mild custom job on a car some people wont like it others will and some will bend both ways like me although i dont have one of these custom watches myself i will go for it and have at least one, it just needs planning i want to keep the vintage feel of the watch but with a supple custom job. aeromatic

Any time AEROMATIC but...to be safe...wear your antiradioactive suit...just in case...oh...bring your voodoo doll n some pins n nails to cast out bad spirits...u know what i mean

yes i will and i know what you mean :bangin: aeromatic

...by the way AEROMATIC...who is hammering who?

It's great that George is able to custominze his own watches to make what he feels is a cool watch. His execution doesn't really fit my tastes but great to see more creations like this.

Thank u GAVIDOC...it's really a pleasure to hear from people all over the world that appreciate your work,even not being tasteful to them but being openminded like u. Thanks again

Thank u GAVIDOC...it's really a pleasure to hear from people all over the world that appreciate your work,even not being tasteful to them but being openminded like u. Thanks again

hey friend take a look at the posts we have someone who wants to customised a watch!

Very nice project, faulty here n there as a Rollie rep, but an awesome watch, I'd seriously consider the idea of a new dial, with original logo or something, really an interesting model, specially that odd, but good looking crown. With a Sdome and an endlinked mesh bracelet, I'd def go for it. But that is personal.

Keep us updated, mate.

Hey Crab...thanks for liking my work.Like AEROMATIC said,those are reps n cost no more than $300 but once having a good case and the knowledge of tools n machinery the rest is a piece of cake...and a yammy one.Pics speak for themselves but on the wrist...it's a whole different story.Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Some more photos super customised vintage based lastest update! george loiz made crystals

post-27094-12680831761_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808324266_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808328862_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808340055_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808347032_thumb.jpggeorge loiz watch on the left 7mm thick crystal and my 5512 6mm thick tropic 19 stylepost-27094-126808355766_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808361471_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808366529_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808371998_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808379432_thumb.jpg

Well i guess we both love tall crystals george loiz has a stainless steel crystal retaining ring and mine has a nylon one

the crystal on the 5512 sub was "donated" by our local bus company from a bus stop canopy! no we dident vandalize it they replaced it and the builders left the broken window at the scene!!!

i would like too thank george loiz for working many hours on my watches without pay!!!!what a guy! aeromatic!

post-27094-126808333759_thumb.jpg

post-27094-126808388792_thumb.jpg

Edited by aeromatic

Some more photos super customised vintage based lastest update! george loiz made crystals

post-27094-12680831761_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808324266_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808328862_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808340055_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808347032_thumb.jpggeorge loiz watch on the left 7mm thick crystal and my 5512 6mm thick tropic 19 stylepost-27094-126808355766_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808361471_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808366529_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808371998_thumb.jpgpost-27094-126808379432_thumb.jpg

Well i guess we both love tall crystals george loiz has a stainless steel crystal retaining ring and mine has a nylon one

the crystal on the 5512 sub was "donated" by our local bus company from a bus stop canopy! no we dident vandalize it they replaced it and the builders left the broken window at the scene!!!

i would like too thank george loiz for working many hours on my watches without pay!!!!what a guy! aeromatic!

Great pics...one on top of t other is t best showing t thickness of each one.That lence in front of camera is a saviour.My thanks to the bus company too,that has been so altruistic.Who knows...mabe someday they 'll donate a whole bus n make a LABORGINI out of it :drive1: