When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex "replica"

p11c

I thought you guys would find it funny. I bought it at the Beijing's Pearl Market back in 2006. At that point I had no interest in replicas, and no knowledge about Rolex either. It looked and felt more substantial (heavy, tight etc.) that other (obvious) fakes.

I bought it for fun for whole 100 Yuans ( then = $10), after bargaining down from asked 1000 Yuans, which is typical for all transactions there (in the end you pay 20-10% of initially asked price, if you do not bargain they think (rightly) you are a moron).

Interestingly, it has automatic movement, which still works and works well, maybe 10 sec per day fast, date and other dials are manually adjusted. I am too embarrassed to wear this in public, but I have been wearing it on and off when I do stuff around the house, shop or boat, dunking it under running a water etc, and it is surprisingly durable, go figure.

Does it actually have ANY resemblance to some Rolex that was ever made?! It is about 15% smaller that Breitling CE rep (I bought there 2 years latter but that is another story).

post-27371-59792_thumb.jpg

post-27371-63926_thumb.jpg

Edited by p11c