When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pawn Stars: How to spot a fake Rolex

Ronin

Well, here is a Beverly Hills Pawn shop that looks to be selling a fake.

here on the bay: 260626318579

The case looks fake to me. Check out the rehaut. It is covering half of the outer square markers as well as the T SWISS T printing on the dial. Something not right with this one. Also, the crown seems to be sitting too low.

Stilty-

That 1655 you linked to; me no likey :yuk:

Case looks to be a bad replacement. Number of things wrong with it including the rehaut you mentioned (too small of diameter, too thick), the CG's and their shape, the lugs, the caseback. In addition, the bezel doesn't look like any that I've seen; it looks close to a Mk. 4, but certain details disqualify it from that distinction.

In general, this is one that just looks odd at first glance and even stranger once you start drilling down into the details of it.

I just happened to catch this show last night as I was in the mood for some much needed couch potato time.... and I have to say I'd probably watch it again. I found it fairly amusing and interesting. A guy came in with a medallion said to be made for George Washington's memorial service. There was a picture of GW on it, and the date, etc. Well of course the Pawn Shop people assumed it was a fake and the guy was trying to get about 300 bucks out them. So they called in some sort of historical medallion/coin buff to examine the piece. And the expert was not only amazed at the condition of the thing, but 100% certain it was authentic. He valued it about about $4k, and the guy owner walked out of there with a cool $2500 after 30 seconds of negotiation.