When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP Rehaut

woody99

I was trying to re-align the bezel insert on my SMP Chrono by using the hair dryer technique. The technique worked well except that I must have applied too much heat for too long and the rehaut inside overheated and shrunk. I was wondering if there is any way to get a replacement part or if another rep face would also include the rehaut ring? Any help would be appreciated.

Here are some pictures. I have put the works back in the case until I get the parts I need. Hopefully you can see that this rehaut was attached and is now melted. I thought it was part of the face but perhaps I was wrong and it just sits in the case like a ring around the outer edge. It has the red dots, small numbers at each 5 minute increment etc. Any way I still need the part if I can get it.

Thanks.

post-26356-126523727109_thumb.jpg post-26356-12652373202_thumb.jpg post-26356-126523743957_thumb.jpg

post-26356-126523747969_thumb.jpg

That's not the insert, that's the dial rehaut, you'll not find it as a stand alone piece, you need a complete new dial which includes the ring.

Remind me to NEVER use your Hair Dryer...holy crap...when the case turned red it should have been a sign. The movement may be damaged as well, mainsprings and especially hairsprings don't respond well to heat, it takes the temper out of them.

OK so I need a new dial that will have the ring attached. Any suggestions for a source? This is a cheap SMP rep, maybe I should look for a complete movement with a new face etc.?

BTW I did use a heat gun and by the time I saw what was happening it was too late. Can't stop heat. Hair dyer may not cause this kind of damage.

Current movement seems to be ok and is keeping good time on the winder. Looks funny without the ring....

Thanks folks.

Funny the pics I posted do blow up for me. Very very large so they take a bit longer.

Anyways the warped part is from inside the watch case, and it must be a stand alone part if the dials are sold as shown on eBay with out the rehaut and the rehaut is not part of the stainless steel case. So it doesn't it make sense that it is a separate part available from somewhere?

Thanks,