When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW?

M5Man

As long as we are on MBW I was curious on the 16610 and YM. I own a pair of vintages and they are fantastic. I've added all kinds of ben parts and they do become better and better. Is the MBW 16610 Sub head and shoulders above other versions? Does it look as close to the gens? Finally, does it take original parts?

thanks in advance.

I emailed back and forth with Luckyyy a few times today but I continue to be torn. I want something believable; the DRSD and SRSD are very rare and makes it harder to believe. Starting to think that the WSD vintage may ne the way to go. Need to see some pics of it.

Heres a pic of mine I personally prefer the wsd over the reds but thats just my opinion... they all are great

10045-4957.jpg

Heres a pic of mine I personally prefer the wsd over the reds but thats just my opinion... they all are great

10095-4954.jpg

I have owned both MBW and TW Best LV subs, and I agree that a modded MBW is marginally better than a modded TW best, but I still think a reality dose is in order.

I do not know about current pricing, but when I bought my LV's a used MBW was about 50% more expensive than a new, discounted TW Best. So what do you get for that extra dough? The fact is that you get the ability to fool 99.9 percent of the people who see your watch instead of 99.8%. On the other hand, if you do your own mods, it is certainly easier to mod a MBW than it is a TW Best, so that narrows the price gap.

Hopefully now that lucky is on the scene the "soup nazi" factor is no longer an issue, but at the time I was looking it was a dealbreaker.

• 4 months later...
I have owned both MBW and TW Best LV subs, and I agree that a modded MBW is marginally better than a modded TW best, but I still think a reality dose is in order.

I do not know about current pricing, but when I bought my LV's a used MBW was about 50% more expensive than a new, discounted TW Best. So what do you get for that extra dough? The fact is that you get the ability to fool 99.9 percent of the people who see your watch instead of 99.8%. On the other hand, if you do your own mods, it is certainly easier to mod a MBW than it is a TW Best, so that narrows the price gap.

Hopefully now that lucky is on the scene the "soup nazi" factor is no longer an issue, but at the time I was looking it was a dealbreaker.

God Bazz...gorgeous picture.....

My thoughts on "The Legendary MBW" are well known. Too much trouble, money, patience, groveling, risk etc..... 98% 99% 99.98% who cares. Only a vintage genuine collector is going to appreciate the fact that you have a 30 year old watch on your wrist and most of those afficianatos are going to recognize it as a replica even if it is heavily modded. And the general nit wit on the street would probably be far more apt to view it as a replica because of it's plastic crystal, 600m depth rating, yellowed markers etc.. being wowfully uninformed that this is a "classic" design. A waste of money IMHO. Spend 2/3 the scratch on a TW best and enjoy the acolades!!!

Edited by crystalcranium