When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Normal behavious or broken?

gr123

Purchased a SOH Chrono from a dealer on here and received it 3 days ago..

Taken it out of the box and 3 times now ive noticed that the watch has stopped completely, and requires a light tap on the side of the watch to get it started again

Is this normal for a new watch or am I going to have to organise a replacement?

Many thanks in advance

How much have you worn the watch? Unless you've worn it all day and been at least somewhat active, I wouldn't expect it to be fully charged.

:lol: +1

if you shake it and it starts up.. it will have only enough in the PR to run for a bit before it stops again.. give it a gentle hand wind for about 10 rotation.. going slow and let the rotor do the rest whilst wearing it all day.. get a winder to keep it charged overnight.. fyi the winder is not to charge it but to keep it charged once it has full PR.

Disagree, do not handwind a automatic movement unless is absolutely necessary. Winding a automatic watch may cause damage to the movement.

Most of the A7750 (I think all but not sure) will wind up with a clockwise motion of the rotor to start up your watch the best/safest way is it rotate the watch on your hand (simulating the action of a automatic winder) for a few rotations, tapping the watch with gentle taps will also work because it makes the rotor move but you run the risk of displacing chrono hands if you tap it too strong.

It appears to me the OP has had his watch in "the box" and takes it out and its stopped. Well mechanical watches are automatic because the movement posesses a rotor that spins with the movement of your wrist. This rotor will wind the watch automatically.

For the watch to be fully charged you'll have to use it for a few hours on your wrist, a few movements or just an hour of use or so will NOT charge the spring fully and the watch will stop within a short period of time. Also remember that if you have the chrono funcion running the watch's power reserve will last less time.

After using the watch for a normal 12h you should expect it to be fully or close to fully wound, then a Asian 7550 should last between 30 and 40 hours normally some last a bit longer others a bit less but it will remain running for over a day or it should. Remember that if you leave it in the box for more than this time the watch will once again stop.