When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Navitimer...a few beter pictures of the recent acquisition

b16a2

Many a moon ago, I picked up my first replica when I joined this forum from Joshua, and it was the tri-compax 21k Navitimer. I noticed that another member shared my passion for the watch....yes we all know who that is, Mr Navitimer himself (Andreww) who wrote this great guide to the watch;

Today I tried to set up a light tent using some envelopes, a lamp, one piece of paper, and got the N95 out for a few snapshots of one of my favourite watches ever made;

070220101475.jpg

070220101476.jpg

070220101477.jpg

070220101478.jpg

070220101479.jpg

070220101480.jpg

070220101482.jpg

070220101485.jpg

070220101489.jpg

070220101490.jpg

My favorite watch right there! Very sharp looking example b16, I'm sooo jealous. You know, aside from the date window and font, the Navi rep really isn't that bad. The huge 7753 window and horizontal single digit numbers just stand out so much, and is just such a glaring flaw on the rep. BTW, your post has just inspired me to go upstairs and change watches ;)

gorgeous, b16!...really sharp!...

where did you pick it up?...

congrats and thanks for sharing...

R-

Thanks R,

I managed to source it fairly locally, so it was a short train trip away and I was playing with it on the train home....the only think I miss is the quick date set function of an A7750. I was playing about with the time on the way back, and before I realised that I had changed the date it was too late, I had to wind it forwards and backwards many times to get the date back to the right one haha

My favorite watch right there! Very sharp looking example b16, I'm sooo jealous. You know, aside from the date window and font, the Navi rep really isn't that bad. The huge 7753 window and horizontal single digit numbers just stand out so much, and is just such a glaring flaw on the rep. BTW, your post has just inspired me to go upstairs and change watches ;)

I agree, the rep really isn't all that bad, it's just the little things that are different. On the wrist, the date isn't that obvious unless it single digits, where they are massive and face downwards. Apart from that, the replica is definitely very good! I don't suppose you have a spare strap you would like to sell, I might need to source one pretty soon as it smells a bit smokey :thumbdown:

I agree, the rep really isn't all that bad, it's just the little things that are different. On the wrist, the date isn't that obvious unless it single digits, where they are massive and face downwards. Apart from that, the replica is definitely very good! I don't suppose you have a spare strap you would like to sell, I might need to source one pretty soon as it smells a bit smokey :thumbdown:

Unfortunately I'm in strap acquisition mode as opposed to selling mode. Just a couple of questions. Is your dial matte or glossy? Is the sliderule ring silver or white? And finally, can you give me an exact measurement across the bezel? I've always felt that the rep feels slightly smaller than the gen, although its probably just an optical illusion of having my face so close at the AD :p

Im interested b16, how does your collection stand today? What happened to the UN etc?

Hey A, long time no speak how are you!?

UN has gone, I sold it when I moved out of home to fund a few things. It's certainly on my list for later in life though! How's the GMT2c going?

Here's a quick shot of the current collection, although I am considering selling the 008 as it's quite big on my wrists, and I like to keep a small collection :)

070220101487.jpg

b16, the gmt2c was everything I hoped it would be and is everything I could want in a watch. I feel like my journey to find the best one ended quickly. I still look at my watch and it gives me the same feeling I had the day I picked it up. It is the truely best looking watch to my eye that Ive ever seen. It seems it was truely my grail! I got very lucky.

I bought a Canon 50D but havn't really done much watch photograpyh with it as i stopped purchasing reps and have just stuck with what I've got. As a result my activity on this board has dropped unfortunately, but since you asked. I figured I'd take a quick shot:

4341611339_c2731ac666_b.jpg

Nice to speak again bro!

Unfortunately I'm in strap acquisition mode as opposed to selling mode. Just a couple of questions. Is your dial matte or glossy? Is the sliderule ring silver or white? And finally, can you give me an exact measurement across the bezel? I've always felt that the rep feels slightly smaller than the gen, although its probably just an optical illusion of having my face so close at the AD :p

I will go and dig it out this evening, and get back to you on those points. If I do get over to Canada, Il let you know, we'll have to catch up for a beer and a good talk about Breitlings :)

b16, the gmt2c was everything I hoped it would be and is everything I could want in a watch. I feel like my journey to find the best one ended quickly. I still look at my watch and it gives me the same feeling I had the day I picked it up. It is the truely best looking watch to my eye that Ive ever seen. It seems it was truely my grail! I got very lucky.

I bought a Canon 50D but havn't really done much watch photograpyh with it as i stopped purchasing reps and have just stuck with what I've got. As a result my activity on this board has dropped unfortunately, but since you asked. I figured I'd take a quick shot:

Nice to speak again bro!

I remember when you first got it, I knew you had found your grail and that it would be with you for a very long time. As far as Rolex go, they certainly hit a home run with this one! Thanks for the shot, and good chatting to you too A!

Our reps are amazingly close. But we all have true favorites and then gens are the only option. Everything is simply... well... perfect. I have noticed that gens don't make very interesting subjects for reviews... I haven't managed to get myself inspired at all (to write much about them). Rep vs. gen comparisons are great of course.

I really like your Link Chrono as well. And Bond Seamaster... is there a WIS who doesn't like it? Great gen triplets man.

Our reps are amazingly close. But we all have true favorites and then gens are the only option. Everything is simply... well... perfect. I have noticed that gens don't make very interesting subjects for reviews... I haven't managed to get myself inspired at all (to write much about them). Rep vs. gen comparisons are great of course.

I really like your Link Chrono as well. And Bond Seamaster... is there a WIS who doesn't like it? Great gen triplets man.

It's very true, the gens are much harder to review that the reps, from a writing point f view and like you say, a motivational point of view.

Thanks for the kind words BT, just the holy mackeral of grails to go for me now....the Portuguese 3714, but I think that's going to be in another lifetime as that's rather out of my price range!

PS I saw a blue SOSF on TZ-UK a few days ago but it had just been sold...hopefully another will crop up soon!

Is your dial matte or glossy? Is the sliderule ring silver or white? And finally, can you give me an exact measurement across the bezel? I've always felt that the rep feels slightly smaller than the gen, although its probably just an optical illusion of having my face so close at the AD :p

With regard to the dial, it's neither....it has a slightly matte/glossy finish to it, very hard to explain! In some lights it looks like it has a matte sparkle finish to it, then in others it has a very slight sheen to it. It's not matte like a slate blue Avenger dial (see HackR's thread), but it's certainly not glossy like a black garage door either...sorry im not much help there!

The ring again isn't pure white, it is a white colour, with a slight 'sparkle' to it in some lighting conditions.

As for the measurement, Il have a root around to try and get a tape measure from somewhere :)