When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sellita Movements in reps - something pretty interesting going on...

chefcook

sounds great to me! what i would like to see is a strong reliable movement for vintage subs a slower beat none hack movement

thats looks like a vintage rolexl or eta also would be great for someone to make clones of the vintage calibar rolex but to a high standard ok it will cost more but its getting more difficult to find working gen movements these days!

sounds great to me! what i would like to see is a strong reliable movement for vintage subs a slower beat none hack movement

thats looks like a vintage rolexl or eta also would be great for someone to make clones of the vintage calibar rolex but to a high standard ok it will cost more but its getting more difficult to find working gen movements these days!

ETA 2846 is well suited for vintage rolex and cheap.

IMO i'ts silly to put rolex movement in rolex rep case (all closed backs). Even if they'd make a rolex clone, it wil come at a price, if not, with issues. Not even taking into account the dollars to maintain or service a clone rolly movement.

ETA 2846 is well suited for vintage rolex and cheap.

IMO i'ts silly to put rolex movement in rolex rep case (all closed backs). Even if they'd make a rolex clone, it wil come at a price, if not, with issues. Not even taking into account the dollars to maintain or service a clone rolly movement.

i agree about the 2846, i have put a gen rolex 1030 in my 6538 yuki case , i did that for me its feel good and i like the slower beat, i will never be able to have a gen 6538 and to me this is the nearest thing its as close as i can possible have

thats why i tried to get all the best available parts including yuki dial,hands,bezel insert.

my 5512 watch has an old 1970 2783 eta and i like that too with a slower beat plus its very close to the 2784 tudor sub movement all my other reps have the 2836-2 movement and thats great i think if you build a watch from the best rep parts and you are going to keep it for your self then why not a gen movement it cost me 2500usd for the 6538 to finish i wouldent spend that much again its a special watch to me and i have turned down a 4500usd offer for it from a guy who usually only buys gens.

• 2 years later...