When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iraqi Ammo Straps

sfa437

Well I've been waiting for my 194 and my SC Legend buckle to do a photoshoot with this strap but the SC buckle is taking a year and a day to get here so I figured I'd post some pics and thank Bebenn for all the work he's done with these pouches!

First off I would like to say Bebenn on RG is da shiznit. He's donated his time and effort to bring these straps to life. Great guy to deal with and someone I consider to be a friend.

For those of you unfamiliar with the project I snagged a set of pouches off a Feyadheen who no longer needed them any further. I contacted Bebenn who said he would make a set of straps from the 4 pouches, one of which was enhanced with said haji's DNA :lol: Novesh from RG was dying for a strap from that pouch so I let him have that one.

The straps themselves are pure sex- even without the provenance. Beautiful honey leather with natural waxed stitching. They started out stiff from exposure to the climate in Iraq but have softened up considerably under Bebenn's skilled hands.

They're 3.5mm thick and it came with 2 WIDE keepers- very much in line with the feel of the Egi and my new 194. I actually think I am going to throw this strap on my 194 but these would work well with any 26mm lugged PAM.

Edges have been burnished with minimal edge treatment allowing the grain of the leather to show. Absolutely phenomenal job by Bebenn here- they look exactly like what I pictured in my mind when I sent the pouches off.

I added a little somethin-someting to the back of my strap this morning and figured it was too cool not to share, despite my buckle not being here so I snapped some quick pics.

Speaking of which here's some pics :D

Out of the package

100_2361.jpg

Close up of the stitching

100_2362.jpg

Keepers are thicker than Rosie O'Donnell's thighs :lol:

100_2363.jpg

Custom branding by yours truly :D

100_2364.jpg

For those not familiar with Arabic the inscription is "Infidel or non-believer" :D

I'll be doing a complete photo shoot when my SC buckle comes in and I get it assembled onto my PWC 194 Ultimate.

100_2364.jpg

For those not familiar with Arabic the inscription is "Infidel or non-believer" :D

I'll be doing a complete photo shoot when my SC buckle comes in and I get it assembled onto my PWC 194 Ultimate.

Several members of our team wore patches that said the same thing. But, they reserved wearing those for the direct action hits. :)

Besides, if one were to be true to Wahabism, anyone not of their particular belief is considered a "Kafir" anyway. Never mind that one is also engaging them in a firefight.

Great straps, brother!!! Awesome.